Talk

Advanced search

Is my mobile ever going to work again?

(5 Posts)
justmummy Tue 06-Jun-06 18:19:56

Some files at work fell over knocking my cup of tea over this morning. It completely flooded my desk which my phone was on - it was soaked! I immediately took the battery etc out and dried it but it's still not working properly. Main problem seems to be keypad not working. It has even called a couple of people by itself. It's now in the airing cupboard to dry. Has anyone else had this and their phone has eventually worked? I'm thinking that it would have dried out by now so it's probably had it. Only had it a few months - very sad

zippitippitoes Tue 06-Jun-06 18:21:11

In my experience it will work again but not for long..unless you are lucky

Kelly1978 Tue 06-Jun-06 18:35:35

Mine did sort of recover, but the speaker never worked again. So I had to use it with a hands free.

Hollyboo Tue 06-Jun-06 18:56:08

Mine worked again - after falling into sink. Take it apart and leave it in the hotpress untill the morning. Try to clean the keypad so it's not sticking. Cotton bud in water. That might be why it's not working. Or else treat yourself to one of those pink sexy ones

justmummy Tue 06-Jun-06 19:08:21

Thanks all. It is a motorola L6 which you can get in pink. Mine's just silver but it's so lovely and really can't afford to buy another one. If it doesn't recover i'll have to go back to my very basic old one. Once again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: