Talk

Advanced search

I Love my Mum/dad because

(20 Posts)
2shoes Tue 06-Jun-06 11:31:28

Due to feeling sad about the annoying mum thread(as mune is dead) thought i would start this one but allow myself to talk about my dad
He is so lovely. he can't drink whisky now so if he is given any he gives it to me
and I am 45 and he is 78 but he still gives me a cuddle

Blossomhill Tue 06-Jun-06 11:34:03

I adore my mum because through out my whole life she has never once let me down. She is a tower of strength when I need her and a fantastic nan too. Helps out with the kids, has them over night. She is also my best friend

My dad too is lovely but have always found him hard to have a relationship with. He helps more on a pratical level but is there for me whenever I need him.

Mum is 58 and dad 57

WelshBoris Tue 06-Jun-06 11:41:50

they are always there for me and DD

They do anything they can to make us happy

awwwww im all misty eyed now

southeastastra Tue 06-Jun-06 11:42:41

ah this thread is nice, my dad is 76 so nearly the same age as your one 2shoes!
I love my dad because he babysits alot and loves his grandkids

he is also a big kid who loves the oc and hollyoaks (bizarre)

WelshBoris Tue 06-Jun-06 11:43:41

and my dad is buying me a car

Feistybird Tue 06-Jun-06 11:45:11

2shoes, yes I felt the same about that thread (for the same reasons)

SKYTVADICT Tue 06-Jun-06 11:47:22

I love my mum and dad very much - Dad is 73 and Mum is 70 (have to say I did post on the annoying mum thread but that doesn't mean I don't love her to bits).

She can't do enough for us and I wouldn't be able to work without her. Dad is the same and they both do a lot of running around for us.

I'm not very good at showing my appreciation though - any tips? We are not a cuddly family and I have never told them I love them!! It sounds awful doesn't it. I really want to but wouldn't know how. Flowers doesn't seem to do it.

leander Tue 06-Jun-06 11:47:41

Because they are the most wonderfull people in the world,they are always here for me ,Dh DS and DD,they are thoughtfull loving and the most generous people i have ever met.They often have my kids and my nieces overnight and nothing is ever too much trouble for them.They have even paid for me and my 2 brothers and families to go on holiday so we can all go away together. They have been through some rough times over the past few years and this makes me appreciate them all the more.I love them both so much.
Mum is 52 dad is 55.

Issymum Tue 06-Jun-06 11:49:15

because...whilst she can be barkingly mad, irresponsible and emotionally immature she created an idyllic childhood for me, she loved me unconditionally and my happiness makes her happy too.

expatinscotland Tue 06-Jun-06 11:59:29

Words are entirely inadequate to qualify my love for Mama and Papa.

Papa, who will be 70 on 2 July, you made so many sacrifices to give your family the quality of life you never had. But to you, they weren't sacrifices, just something you did. Your selflessness and sense of duty were two of the most valuable lessons we learned - w/o your ever having to say a word. You showed us how a man is supposed to treat a woman - how a human being is supposed to treat another and all the creatures and lifeforms on the planet. Your decency, loyalty and strong sense of moral and social responsiblity made us what we are.

Mama, who is 65, what can I say? You're Jackie O. crossed w/Eleanor Roosevelt! You taught us how a woman can be strong and successful w/o havng to compromise who she is. It's not about lifestyle, it's about style in life. You made our lives a laugh, even when it really wasn't funny. From you we learned the importance of culture and the value of tradition in keeping hte family together and stable.

You always held it together, even in the most dire of situations. 'Now remember, even in the most hopeless of situations, that there is always something to do. If you just keep your wits about you.'

Mankind is a better species b/c of people like you.

tiredemma Tue 06-Jun-06 12:07:40

expat, I your parents after the fab stories from your childhood you often post on here, your dad sounds amazing !!

tiredemma Tue 06-Jun-06 12:08:03

sorry expat, should say I love your parents!

expatinscotland Tue 06-Jun-06 12:13:44

We get to see them Thursday! Made a little poster this time to welcome them at the airport.

Hope this weather holds so they can enjoy the beauty that is Scotland in summer.

Can't wait to give Mama her porcelein cow from the Cow Parade - he's up on two legs and kitted out like 'Braveheart' and have a nice curry lunch with her.

And take Papa up to the Castle. He's already looking forward to walking up the road to Gregg's for his donuts.

jura Tue 06-Jun-06 12:35:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joelalie Tue 06-Jun-06 12:54:52

Just about everything. They can be really annoying but that's a generational thing I guess. But they are 100% supportive and loving in a quiet understated way. They are wonderful grandparent and are rewarded ever time they see my kids by the pleasure they show in their grandparents company. Inspite of being in their 70's they take everything in their stride.

And I can never ever forget the wonderful idyllic childhood they gave me and my brother. I always felt safe, loved and I never doubted that I was important to them. They made decisions that I wouldn't have done but so what - they did what seemed right at the time.

suzywong Tue 06-Jun-06 12:57:32

I love my dad because despite his own personality issues he really loves us and he tries so hard and is very thoughtful and draws cartoons for the boys that he includes in book parcels he sends over and he is always genuinely very touched to hear from us. I miss him a lot and I may just have to go and have a blub now.

saltire Tue 06-Jun-06 13:06:13

Ahh, but just because i said my mum annoyed me doesn't mean i don't love her. She had a very difficult time whne i was growing up, my dad was very ill, and spent a lot of time in and out of hospital. He couldn't work and they scrimped and svaed, we got nothing new, no treats that todays kids take for granted.
My dad died suddenly in front of me when i was 16, and there isn't a day goes past when i don't think of him.
Like i said, my mother annoys the hell out of me, but i still love her

Northerner Tue 06-Jun-06 13:16:57

Ahh, I just adore my Dad. He is very wise, and always knows just what to do whenever I need advice. He has had a tough life but never complains, he lives in a rough area but has a strong sense of social responsibility he can't just sit on his arse and moan. He's a local councillor and strives to make it a better place for the residents that live there. He's also a joiner by trade and teaches kids with special needs at the local college. He is generally a great man, a true gent, and I love him.

I love my Mam, but she has issues, lack of self confidence and self esteem which means I am the one supporting her often, but she's still my Mam.

2shoes Tue 06-Jun-06 17:32:26

expatinscotland what a lovely post

DaniellaC Tue 06-Jun-06 17:49:31

I love my mum becaues (being a teenager )i keep stressing at her and taking it out on her when i have a bad day and she is still always there for me and she was there for me when i was gettin bullied at school. She is the best mum anyone could wish for i mean don't get me wrong we have our fall outs but we always make up by the next day and she always puts me before her and she is really fab
(sorry im rambling now but i just wanted you all to know how much i love her )

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: