Talk

Advanced search

My mil annoys me because...

(10 Posts)
wanderingstar Tue 06-Jun-06 08:19:55

...yesterday she gave my toddler 2 large chocolate biscuits at about 5pm - my babysitter had taken him to visit while I was at a school function for my dd. Babysitter didn't like to contradict Granny.
Result: even though I tried to keep him up late, running round the garden at home to banish the sugar rush, he took ages to settle. Then woke up again at midnight, asking for "more Chocchoc bikbik" and wouldn't settle until after 2am. Then up at 5.45am for the day...

The bitch the bitch !!

kate100 Tue 06-Jun-06 10:59:11

....she spolis my children rotten, but with love and kindness as well as toys and then I feel like a crap mom the next day when I can't spend as much time with them as she does.

Can't be too mean about her as she would never do anything to upset me on purpose, only by accident

bran Tue 06-Jun-06 11:02:07

You should have phoned her while her grandson was awake (at midnight AND 5.45). No need to talk to her just put your ds on and tell him to ask granny for a chocchoc bikbik. [evil emoticon]

jura Tue 06-Jun-06 12:31:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wanderingstar Tue 06-Jun-06 14:09:59

Bran I was sorely tempted...

moondog Tue 06-Jun-06 14:13:12

Ah,a little harsh don't you think ws????

TheLadyVanishes Tue 06-Jun-06 14:15:52

grannies do the naughty things that we mums wouldn't ooh go on have a bikkie or have some more juice or oooh let them sleep abit longer! its their job i'm afraid

wanderingstar Tue 06-Jun-06 15:07:28

I know I know I know...she's not the evil sort of mil who's not interested in her grandchildren, or who's really nasty to them, but she knows, because we see her every week, that I like to limit chocolate intake (esp after middle of the day), similarly other sweet things, because ds3 is really not the greatest sleeper to say the least. Too much sugar is just disastrous !

She's always struggling with me over offering the kids biscuits etc at daft times; if I'd been there, he wouldn't have had 2 choc biscuits so late on. I'd have compromised on 1, but earlier.

Anyway, I was really grumpy when I posted this morning, knowing a half decent night's sleep had been snatched away from me.

TheLadyVanishes Tue 06-Jun-06 15:11:22

I would tell her straight no biscuits at all (i bet when her children were little it was no snacks before tea/dinner) and then once we become grannies we forget all that (i'm not a granny btw!) you are entitled to be annoyed I would suggest that she gives him choccie bikkies when he stays at hers sometime and then she may realise!

robin3 Tue 06-Jun-06 15:15:04

What is it with grandparents and sweet food? Sadly I think it's their way of winning favour...no wonder we're a generation of adults who have eating disorders.

My MIL is constantly offering cake and my Mum once gave DS a piece of wedding cake with icing and marzipan moments before we started a long car journey! Poor monkey was on a massive sugar high.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: