Talk

Advanced search

oh b*ll*cks... scraped the car in the carpark :(

(19 Posts)
GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 15:56:20

So bloody cross with myself... have now got a lovely yellow scrape mark where I got too close to one of those pillars. Swore as well (in front of my 5-year-old ) so great parenting form too.

ARGH.

Any ideas how much fixing a scrape on the side of a Micra is likely to be before I raid savings?

cupcakes Fri 02-Jun-06 15:57:49

oh dear. That seriously annoys me. Not as much as dh discovering some idiots have scratched HI onto the bonnet of our car...
At least they didn't add the S and the T.

GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 15:59:49

heh... ironically enough that was the word I used in front of ds1.

It was just such a STUPID thing to do. I really should know better (was one of those pillars where the wider bit is at the bottom, just where you can't see).

tissy Fri 02-Jun-06 16:01:02

if there is a dent, you'll need to see a garage. If not, get some T cut from Halfords, and have a rub at it- most of the yellow will disappear before your eyes!

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jun-06 16:01:08

Try Tcut. sounds like you've get a lot of paint from the pillar. Shift that and it may not look so bad!

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jun-06 16:01:31

Snap

tissy Fri 02-Jun-06 16:02:17

BagelBird Fri 02-Jun-06 16:03:05

Def. T cut for scrapes. Has got me out of a fix before now and saved the odd row - still time to leg it to Halfords before DH comes home

tissy Fri 02-Jun-06 16:04:44

But, if the car is oldish, you might need to do the whole car, or you'll get a lovely new-looking patch where you've T-cutted and the rest of the car will look manky!

GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 16:08:28

Lol at the manky car with a clean patch

Dh already informed, and he's fine about it - said these things happen - which ironically is making me feel much much worse.

There's no dent so Tcut may just do the job, thanks for the tip The paintwork is a metallic colour does that make any difference?

cupcakes Fri 02-Jun-06 16:15:23

will the Tcut help on our HI?

MrsBadger Fri 02-Jun-06 16:22:47

T-cut only works if the scratch doesn't go right down to the metal - basically it dissolves off a layer of paint so the sharp edges of the scratch don't show.

If the scrape is yellow it's indeed prob mostly paint that's come off the pillar onto your car, rather than paint that's come off your car onto the pillar iyswim - see how much comes off with a duster.

LotosEater Fri 02-Jun-06 16:24:33

Georgina - you will need to use T Cut Metallic

EmmyLou Fri 02-Jun-06 16:26:29

Wear your scrapes with pride! Scraped (well - dented too) side of our Galaxy coming out of dd2's nursery 3 years ago. Was busy looking in rear view mirror reassuring then cute puppy that he'd be walked. Was also pregnant at time. Scrape is still there. Should add that i did exactly the same thing in exactly the same place at exactly the same nursery on our previous Galaxy too. Cost over £800 to repair. Hence wearing with pride - or should i say embarrasment?

GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 16:28:26

Lol at wearing it with pride.

£800 ... gasp ... definitely will be trying t-cut first!

GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 16:28:51

LotosEater - thanks will get that at the weekend

GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 18:05:25

Okay, my dh is a star. He's just walked in, bearing T-Cut and saying "oh, it's not that bad a scrape, is it?"

Think I'll keep him

EmmyLou Fri 02-Jun-06 18:41:24

Bless! Mine wrote on car in the many layers of filth and grime: "woman driver did this" to which I added "made pregnant by a man". Three years later and I can still read it in the right light...

foxinsocks Fri 02-Jun-06 18:42:58

lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: