Talk

Advanced search

If a 2 year old stood at the top of the stairs shrieking

(10 Posts)
Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 15:05:18

Mummy.... Carry ... Carry

and you knew she was perfectly capable of bumping or indeed walking down the stairs

would you give in and go upstairs and carry her down?

would there be a time limit to giving in ie let her scream for a certain amount of time?

juuule Fri 02-Jun-06 15:07:08

Have done it - lots of times.
Frustrating isn't it. Think of how good an exercise going up and down stairs is for you

Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 15:07:56

she does it when she wants to though

still up there .. still shrieking

and starting to tantrum

Securlurking Fri 02-Jun-06 15:08:18

IMO this is directly related to the liklyhood of her giving in (ie what mood is she in), the amount my head hurts at that precise moment, what ds wants to do and what I am deesperatly trying to get donw myself.

In short, if there is any chance of her giving in before I spontaniously combust then I would leave her, if not then I would give in ASAP - saving myself stress

You having a bad day?

Blackduck Fri 02-Jun-06 15:12:12

Ds is THREE and does this.........

controlfreaky Fri 02-Jun-06 15:12:25

isnt that just maddening?? when 2/3 ds2 went through a [hase where every day started with him demanding to be carried down three floors to the kitchen... i refused and after a short while he didnt bother making a scene about it.... dear dh (soft touch / anything to avoid a scene) ended up carrying him around house for oooooh about 6 mths. agree though you need to front this out only if you feel up to it.... deep breath.... repeat after me "its only a phase"

PsychoFlame Fri 02-Jun-06 15:13:55

Depends... when its laziness, go and help them down - they bump, you hold hand. When it is a sudden fear of the stairs (DD gets very very scared every few weeks) - then I carry.

F

juuule Fri 02-Jun-06 15:14:03

Ooooh well put secur.

Twiglett Fri 02-Jun-06 15:22:45

I am indeed having as you so wisely put it A BAD DAY

I caved .. I could feel the smoke behind my ears .. so I caved

how long is it till 7.10?

Securlurking Fri 02-Jun-06 15:28:10

lol, oh dear, we seem to go through stages where we have lots of bad days and then lots of good days. In the middle of a run of bad days I can be seen rocking in a corner whimpering about the good old days

When the smoke starts it is definitly time for a self preservation tactic - like giving in!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: