Talk

Advanced search

Yet another MIL rant....

(15 Posts)
ComeOVeneer Fri 02-Jun-06 10:12:16

We had made arrangements with MIL to look after the children tomorrow afternoon whilst we drove down to look at some houses. She has just phoned up to say she can't do it because she has decided she needs to go to the hairdressers to have her hair done before she goes out tomorrow night wtf? So now we have to drag the children down with us and around the 6 houses we have arranged to see. What fun that is going to be .

hunkermunker Fri 02-Jun-06 10:14:09

What happened with the other house you liked?

ComeOVeneer Fri 02-Jun-06 10:17:14

We are still considering it (dh not as keen as me) but there are a few more recently come on the market that we want to investigate.

I would swear she has done it deliberately, after all we know how keen she is for us to move away, don't we.

hunkermunker Fri 02-Jun-06 10:18:36

What a peculiar woman.

Take the children, take snacks, drinks, puzzles, dolls, bikes(!) and find the right house. That'll show her

batters Fri 02-Jun-06 10:24:44

ComeOVeneer, one of my best friend's MIL recently cancelled looking after 2 grandchildren whilst the third was in hospital (actually seriously ill) because she had to make her dental appointment.

The way I feel about MILs at the mo means nothing surprises me anymore quite frankly .

Marina Fri 02-Jun-06 10:36:46

We were unable to both attend an important parents' evening once because MIL was worried covering for us for 30 mins would make her late for yoga. Her choice of course (although it wouldn't have, because she drives at 90mph, not 10mph) but typical of her level of interest in her grandchildren.
Batters - is this the friend you told me about? What a wretched thing to do

psychomum5 Fri 02-Jun-06 10:51:33

oooh......mean lady. mind you MIL's I often find are very selfish!!

My MIL - can be absolutely wonderful at times, but when it comes to helping out with the kiddies (which I need at the mo as in so much pain) she has offered to take the girls, but not the boys. tis the boys who need some stimulation as they are bouncier, and younger, and therefore harder right now. her reasoning......she had two sons and has done 'the boy thing'. means that she will now only do girls.

makes me so sad for the boys as they must feel rather rejected really. and for her as I do feel she is missing out on how lovely they can be.

batters Fri 02-Jun-06 14:30:37

Marina - yes, it is the friend I have told you about . Apparantly, MIL wouldn't have been able to enjoy her forthcoming holiday to Portugal without her fangs being in pristine condition.

MaryP0p1 Fri 02-Jun-06 14:33:54

My MIL told my DH she's not tolking to me because when she stays with us I was 'secretly nasty to her so nobody would see'. I wish

sunnydelight Fri 02-Jun-06 17:03:10

I've just got caller display on my phone so I never have to answer the phone to MIL again - HURRAH!

nicnack2 Fri 02-Jun-06 17:07:29

my mil refuses to set foot in my house since our wedding, never acknowledges photos i send of her grandsons, have asked again if they would like to vist in the summer to see ds2 who was born in March but i have gotten short shrift. They have yet to acknowledge DS2 birth. Well i have done my dil duty in asking so not long journeys this year for me

shazronnie Fri 02-Jun-06 17:19:09

What horrible MILs!
Mine gets on my nerves, but I obviously have nothing to complain about!

Adorabelle Fri 02-Jun-06 18:07:19

My MIL lives in the States, Best place for her
in my opinion

Kidstrack Fri 02-Jun-06 18:12:16

can i have a rant too, MIL wants dp and i to pay over 500pounds so that everyone can have a glass of champagne on the way in to our evening reception, i said its not bloody posh and becks wedding but a budget wedding, we are already paying for a good buffet, i'd rather pay for everyone to have something to eat than 1 glass of champagne, now she said oh ok we will pay for it, NO was my answer she's not getting her way on this one

SofiaAmes Sat 03-Jun-06 03:49:21

How old are your children? It might be worth getting them each a very very cheap digital camera and let them "help" you look over the houses.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: