Talk

Advanced search

Ideas wanted for a fab pressie for my sister with all she is going through...

(10 Posts)
ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 21:12:52

Many of you know what my sister is currently going through with the health problems of her newborn ds. I want to do/buy something for her that is v.v. special/unique..... any suggestions?

006 Thu 01-Jun-06 21:17:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 21:30:05

Nice idea, but she's not really a jewellery type person. Any more?

Tommy Thu 01-Jun-06 21:34:16

trip to theatre with dinner beforehand and babysitting thrown in?

heavenis Thu 01-Jun-06 21:41:47

Sorry I don't know what your sister has been going through. How about making a booklet of vouchers that she can use like being pampered,a meal already prepared,half an hour of house work etc. A family potrait when everyone is well enough to have one.
Name a star after the baby.
You sound like a lovely sister and I'm sure what every you do will be appriated.

ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 21:43:13

Sorry to be negative (again) but she lives 3 hours away so baby sitting not an option (certainly for one evening)

ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 21:46:20

OOHH like that idea heavenis. (story is her ds was born 11 days ago with one non functioning kidney and one that had to be operated on a couple of days ago, now he has jaundice and low urine output. Sister hasn't been home yet, has a dd 3.5 years old. I am stuck 3 hours away with a sick ds (nothing bad but contagious) so can't get down to help

heavenis Thu 01-Jun-06 22:04:48

Can the jaundice be treated with UV lights.My 2 have both had phototheraphy.

WishICouldGiveUpWork Thu 01-Jun-06 22:18:28

It's not overly "special" but could be...how about a Tesco/Sainsbury/Ocado home delivewry for when she gets home full of lovely "treaty" or just plain easy lovely food.eg Tesco Finest ready meals etc so she can eat well but not have to do any thinking/shopping/planning...

Coolmama Thu 01-Jun-06 22:18:43

We did this once for a friend - found her local fav restuarant and got them to agree to a certain figure (can't remember exactly what, think it was £40 or £50 or there abouts - ) and then got 2 or 3 vouchers made up and signed by the owner of the place. We gave her the vouchers in envelopes and told her they had to be stored in the deep freeze and one night when she wasn't in the mood to cook - she could take one out and voila! - all they did was pay the excess over the top of the voucher, but it just meant that their night out cost them 10 quid or something -
There is also a woman in London (Albumania, I think) who makes photo albums and she uses your own pictures to make the front and back covers -
very special.
Maybe there is a special book that the two of you had when you were little and you could try to get a copy for her - or something that brings back a shared memory for the two of you.
I am very, very close to my 2 sisters and I find that the gifts that touch the most are those that remind me of something we have together; a special song, a book or an old photo of us that was fixed and framed.
Hope she is doing okay and that lo is getting better by the minute.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: