Talk

Advanced search

* * * * * * * SUNCHOWDER * * * * * * *

(14 Posts)
ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 18:52:08

I was wondering how your DH was doing, has he had the results back yet?

ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 20:56:03

Bumping in case you are around

ComeOVeneer Thu 01-Jun-06 21:52:10

Not here tonight?

Californifrau Fri 02-Jun-06 04:09:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

suzywong Fri 02-Jun-06 07:14:31

and VERY nice Mango Chutney recipe, thos blueberries were a surprise! thanks

sunchowder Fri 02-Jun-06 15:58:49

Oh thanks for thinking of us COmeOVeneer! It was squamous cell cancer. He had it removed on May 23. I stayed with him for the surgery and it was horrible. I guess I shouldn't have stayed and watched, but he only had a local and he was so nervous--I just wanted to be there for him. They ending up removing a quarter-size hole in the side of his nose (after removing the cancer in two stages) and they did a skin graft directly after the surgery. They got all of the cancer which is a relief (and he got a mini-face lift on one side where they had to take the skin). So....we went back on my birthday the 30th, and they removed the stiching with the medicated pack off of it. The skin graft is not taking in one spot so we have to go back on June 6 for them to have another look at it--hopefully it will be alright. He has a large divet and it is pretty terrible looking right now, but hopefully when it heals it will look much better. And the cancer is gone which is the main thing we are so relieved about.

Thank you so much for asking! I am getting my DD ready for her trip to Europe, we are all packed and ready and I have a horrendous project at work which is keeping me off of Mumsnet. Thanks to Bron for emailing me to get in touch. And Suzie! I am so honored that you liked my Chutney recipe!!! The blueberries really are the secret ingredient that makes it unique--I sold lots of jars for my fundraising for the trip--I need to make some more as the price of blueberries is coming down now and I can use fresh ones. Love to everyone--I miss Mumsnet dreadfully, but if I don't focus on this project at work, I will drown in it--horrible deadlines for June 30 on my back. It never fails--the entire time my DD is away I will be up to my eyeballs with this project (maybe it is a blessing?).

FioFio Fri 02-Jun-06 16:00:50

Message deleted

sunchowder Fri 02-Jun-06 16:15:11

Thank you FIO FIO!

Californifrau Fri 02-Jun-06 18:19:48

ComeOVeneer Fri 02-Jun-06 18:21:29

Please to hear it is all gone, wil be thinking of you both on the 6th. Is he still enjoying the ginger wine?

sunchowder Mon 05-Jun-06 15:15:33

Thanks California and Como! Yes Andy is loving the Ginger Wine, it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Do you get the cookbook yet then?

Gingerbear Mon 05-Jun-06 15:20:26

Hello Sunny, gosh you have an eventful life at the moment. I will be thinking of you all tommorrow.

My DH had a mole removed from his face before Christmas - I know what a worrying time it can be. (Fortunately his was non-malignant).

foxinsocks Tue 06-Jun-06 17:27:20

was wondering how it had all gone - I really hope the skin graft takes and hopefully, that'll be the end of it all. Poor you watching, you must be very brave!

good luck with your work stuff

Californifrau Tue 06-Jun-06 17:29:11

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: