Talk

Advanced search

For all those who spend far too much time on Mumsnet and want a foolproof method of stopping themselves without asking MN Towers to ban them...

(12 Posts)
Caligula Thu 01-Jun-06 12:47:43

Jangly posted this link on another thread yesterday and it stopped me peeking on Mumsnet this morning so I got 3 hours uninterrupted work done. Am going to turn it on again this afternoon. It's a program blocker, you can turn it on so that you can't access Explorer for as long as you set it for. The only downside is that if you need the www for work you obviously can't access it. But even so, it's good. As it does it program by program, it doesn't block your e-mails. You can block any other program as well. I just felt it was my duty to share it with you all!!!"

salvation

MarsLady Thu 01-Jun-06 13:13:09

I know. Isn't it brilliant?

I shall be using it next week when the kids are back at school and I have to finish my assignments.

FlameBoo Thu 01-Jun-06 13:14:15

I tried to get it, but it crashes when I try to load it up

Will try again now...

anniemac Thu 01-Jun-06 13:16:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kelly1978 Thu 01-Jun-06 13:17:26

Shame you can't set somethign to individual sites. I've been trygn to work all morning, but my heart isn't in it. So I end up on here, and now dt2 has smashed a lamp shade because I wasn't watching him.

FlameBoo Thu 01-Jun-06 13:18:16

Nope... run time error

anniemac Fri 02-Jun-06 10:38:35

nutcracker Fri 02-Jun-06 10:43:11

But can't you just switch it off when you want to come on ??

anniemac Fri 02-Jun-06 16:29:14

BagelBird Fri 02-Jun-06 16:31:25

Dh just threatens to take way my power cable

geekgrrl Fri 02-Jun-06 16:32:41

but what if you need to use the internet to work? This is my problem... I'm always using Firefox when working, and then it's so easy to just pop into MN for a bit..... wish I could block the URL or something.

GeorginaA Fri 02-Jun-06 16:40:01

That is awesome... thank you so much!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: