Talk

Advanced search

Ha! Take that, unwanted caller!

(16 Posts)
threelittlebabies Tue 30-May-06 14:29:31

Someone just rang and tried to sell me something, and I gleefully informed him that I subscribe to the telephone preference service. He couldn't hang up quick enough! I don't usually think of it quick enough and have to persuade them that no, I don't want their product thank you, so am feeling triumphant!

NomDePlume Tue 30-May-06 14:31:51

lol.

threelittlebabies Tue 30-May-06 15:01:20

Am in on my own and just wanted to tell someone! Small things, and all that...

cadbury Tue 30-May-06 15:04:14

well done - I usually add to them that if they call me again, they will be breaking the law. If I am being particuarly nasty, I ask the name and get the comapny details from the caller before I tell them I am with TPS - that scares them even more!!!

threelittlebabies Tue 30-May-06 15:05:59

excellent cadbury, must note these terror tactics down for next time!

cadbury Tue 30-May-06 15:21:50

manic

I'm not really that scary.

Freckle Tue 30-May-06 15:34:40

I don't tell them I'm with TPS straight away. I wait until they have identified themselves and then I tell them. Then I report them to TPS. Evil, moi??

cat64 Tue 30-May-06 16:03:23

Message withdrawn

threelittlebabies Tue 30-May-06 16:21:12

Well he claimed to have misdialled by one number...yeah right!

Olihan Tue 30-May-06 16:25:51

I'm with the TPS and we haven't had any calls for ages and I've had 3 in the last couple of weeks. I didn't realise what a big threat the TPS wsa to them. I'm going to remember Cadbury's tips for the next one. Ooooh, I pity the poor soul!!!!!

MeAndMyBoy Tue 30-May-06 16:32:57

We're with the TPS and I love telling people they are breaking the law calling it's great.

We had a time when we started getting calls again, I re-registered with them again and they stopped again. so where do I get my fun now?

lou33 Tue 30-May-06 16:46:16

i'm with the tps as well as ex directory, but have had a couple of calls recently

i ask them how they got my number as we are with the tps and ed, and they cant get off quick enough

alibubbles Wed 31-May-06 10:21:44

I had one yesterday I am ex directory and registered with TPS, FPS and MPS but some of them now use RDD, which is random dialling, so they can still get you occasionally. The best thing is caller display, I reject withheld numbers most of the time, especially in the evening around dinner time, 7-9

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Wed 31-May-06 10:23:13

I tell them it's a buisness number (well, DH does work from home sometimes...)

that usually does the trick!

calpopscalum Wed 31-May-06 19:43:16

I hand the phone to dd who's just turned 3 - they can't wait to get off especially as her favourite topic of conversation is pooh, bottoms and toilets! makes me giggle! I've found mentioning the TPS doesn't work with foreign callers and we've had loads from the US lately. Been quiet since dd took over though!

myturn Wed 31-May-06 19:47:24

As soon as they start their waffling, dh says 'can you hold on for a second?' and lays the phone down then leaves it there for ages until they hang up. I just immediately say, 'I'm not interested, thank you.' and hang up without letting them say any more. I'd hate to be a salesperson, what a job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: