Talk

Advanced search

Do childrens wards take toy donations?

(6 Posts)
littlelamb Tue 30-May-06 10:35:28

I was in hospital for a few days recently and was bored out of my tiny mind, so I can only guess how it must be to be a child in hospital. I have been having a clear out of dds toys, which are all in good condition, she just has too many of them. Do hospitals take donations like this? I'd like to know they were being used by people who would really appreciate them

KTeePee Tue 30-May-06 10:37:06

I think our local one certailn ly takes dvds and games, don't know about toys - just phone up and ask? If not, maybe your doctor's surgery would like some for the waiting room.

Kelly1978 Tue 30-May-06 10:37:30

I dont know about hospitals, prob best to ring and ask. If you dont have any luck, how about your local woman's refuge? they go to good use as often they take in mums who havent had chance to pack anything.

littlelamb Tue 30-May-06 10:38:36

how would i find out the telephone numbers of these places?

Kelly1978 Tue 30-May-06 14:00:44

you could try emailing info@womensaid.org.uk and they might be able to put you in touch with your local refuge. They have to be very careful about giving information out though. I was in a refuge once, and the donations used to come in and be shared out or stored for whoever needed them. Toys were also used to stock the playroom.

acnebride Tue 30-May-06 14:05:34

if you want to try the hospitals, look on www.nhs.uk to find the hospital number, and maybe start by asking for PALS (patient advice and liaison), they should help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: