Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for PIL ruby anniversary

(9 Posts)
Thomcat Sat 27-May-06 22:40:57

My ideas so far, without huge effort are:

- tickets for Orient Express

- tickets for London Eye - their own pod, at nght with champagne (not 100% sure I can even do this but will look into it)

- Treat them to dinner at the Fat Duck restaurant in Bray.

Any other ideas??????????

alexsmum Sat 27-May-06 23:14:48

ooh your ideas are very posh.i was about to suggest a rose tree called ruby anniversary.we bought it for my parent and it's beautiful.

but i think we're batting in different leagues.

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Sat 27-May-06 23:17:05

they're all lovely ideas - if you can't do the Eye with own pod etc you could get them normal tickets followed by dinner at the People's Palace - it's part of the Royal Festival Hall complex and has fantastic views over the river. and gorgeous food

JanH Sat 27-May-06 23:17:08

Has D got any ideas? (or is that a stupid Q, him being a man ?)

Katymac Sat 27-May-06 23:18:28

Antique peice of cranberry glass
Basket of "red" things
Visit to Petra (OK it's rose red not ruby ...but?)
Ruby cuff links & earrings?

brimfull Sun 28-May-06 00:18:40

I@ve got my parents a voucher for afternoon tea at the ritz.They're coming over from Canada for a visit and they love London so I've also bought them a black cab tour of London .
It's there golden anniversary.

Ragtaggle Sun 28-May-06 06:36:56

It's my PIL's ruby anniversary next year. I've told them that they can have my daughter Ruby for the whole weekend if they like. Can loan her if you'd like....she's a crap sleeper but they don't need to know that....

Thomcat Sun 28-May-06 08:20:30

lovely ideas, thank you all.
I love the rose tree idea loads, thanks for that Alexsmum. Think I'll do that even if I do on of the others anyway. The rose tree can be from their grandchildren.

Katymac - fab ideas hon' thanks. Love the antique glass thing as they are really into their antiques, think that's a lovely idea.

thewomanwhothughtshewasahat - i'll look into that, thanks for the tip.

ggirl - happy anniversary to you parents, how lovely. Bet you can't wait to see them. Where in Canada do they live? My parents used to live in Hamilton, Ontario.

Ragtaggle - LOL!

JanH - LOL - you know him so well!!!!!!!!!! Or men in general anyway!

brimfull Sun 28-May-06 17:52:48

Wow thomcat ,they live in Dundas, Ontario,only a stones throw from Hamilton.Two of my bros live in Hamilton.I grew up in dundas,moved here in '83.Did you live there aswell?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: