Talk

Advanced search

Is there a way of stopping taps being turned on?

(14 Posts)
Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Sat 27-May-06 08:47:50

Some sort of gizmo? Other than turning the entire water supply off. We've already had a flooded bathroom and kitchen this week, I have had to turn the kitchen tap off 3 times in half an hour this morning and with half term next week I am going to get sick of it (ds1 turns the taps on full blast and then stims over the water flow- turns his head to one side and flicks his eyes backwards and forwards- so he's very keen to do it).

Help!

NoPearls Sat 27-May-06 08:53:09

An extra stopcock type thing on each of the pipes? A bit like you have on the pipes to the washing machine, so you can disconnect it and not have water flood out of the end of the pipes. Difficult to hide though, so probably a bit too easy for ds to spot?

mimitwo Sat 27-May-06 08:53:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

plug Sat 27-May-06 08:55:31

Sorry, I don't know anything about taps (although there must be something out there that would help you) but could he have one of those little fountains with a pump in your garden e.g. water coming out of a jug onto pebbles? Or is that completely impractical with ds2 and 3?

Pixel Sat 27-May-06 18:16:50

In ds's classroom they have removable tap-tops to avoid such things! I could ask his teacher about them after half-term (you might have to remind me) although she may not know where they come from. I have been having a similar problem this week with my ds turning on all the taps in the bathroom. Luckily he hasn't put any plugs in yet so no flooding but he climbs in the bath and gets soaked. I'm more worried about the hot water than anything else but I keep telling him there's a water shortage!

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Sat 27-May-06 19:27:34

Those sound ideal pixel..... will remind you at end of 1/2 term

onlyjoking9329 Sat 27-May-06 19:33:16

JJ we had the same problem with DS and the bathroom, ended up putting a hook and eye lock thing at the top of the door, and detching plugs from sinks and turning the water of to the sink, we have separate stopcocks, removable taps sound good, once flooder boy couldn't access taps he moved onto something else...turning lights on and off

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Sat 27-May-06 20:00:38

our kitchen and bathroom are locabale, but that doesn;t go down very well (although I do lock them if he;s on a roll).
He's also started taking showers! Which may conincide with swimming at the public pool rather than school hydro pool.

mumofelise Sun 28-May-06 08:58:36

hi i have real problems with dd2 who takes herself for a bath when she is supposed to be in bed. i found this for faucet covers not very good at links. hth.

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Sun 28-May-06 19:38:32

Thnaks for that- how do they fit on? I'm pretty sure sure ds1 would just yank them off. Can your dd get them off? How old is she?

mumofelise Sun 28-May-06 22:49:48

i've only ordered them today but i will let you know.

Pixel Tue 30-May-06 11:31:41

Jimjams, the OT just phoned to say she is coming to see me next week (to find an answer to ds's Houdini tendencies in the car!)and I asked her about the removable taps. She says she will try and find some information and let me know when she comes. I had to pretend it was for me as I couldn't say it was for someone I've never actually met!. Not a total lie though as ds has been turning all the taps on here and it's only a matter of time until he hurts himself or causes a lot of damage.

yorkshirelass79 Tue 30-May-06 14:06:27

Message withdrawn

yorkshirelass79 Tue 30-May-06 14:11:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: