Talk

Advanced search

Argh! Help, hole in top!!!

(11 Posts)
Jessajam Fri 26-May-06 10:53:49

Ok, so I'm at work at the moment. Just noticed that the armpit of my top has a split along the seam!!! Exposing about 2 inches of my arm/arm pit...
Usually I have a tiny sewing kit in my bag for just such an occassion but dammit dammit dammit I have left it at home...
Am I doomed to spend the rest of the day with my left arm clamped to my side in the manner of those old deodorant adverts....????

merrymum Fri 26-May-06 11:06:58

staple it?!!!

babyonboard Fri 26-May-06 11:20:39

or sellotape the seam up on the inside if you don't want to ruin the material..

babyonboard Fri 26-May-06 11:21:12

alternatively cheer up everyones friday by continuing the day in your bra..lol

DumbledoresGirl Fri 26-May-06 11:21:52

Safety pins?

Jessajam Fri 26-May-06 11:22:42

right, next step...how to sneak a stapler into the toilets without anyone noticing an dthinking I have finally totally lost the plot

DumbledoresGirl Fri 26-May-06 11:25:13

Why not just do it at your desk? It is Friday! they are probably all half asleep anyway!

Jessajam Fri 26-May-06 11:30:25

hmmm...images of boss wandering in and spotting me hunched udner desk with top half off and stapler in hand...now snuffling with laughter at the thought!!

SaintGeorge Fri 26-May-06 11:37:08

Clutch the stapler under your arm, since that is going to be clamped to your side hiding the rip anyway

acnebride Fri 26-May-06 11:37:28

out and proud - staple at your desk and keep going - what would Shackleton say?

Jessajam Fri 26-May-06 11:45:09

casually carried stapler out of the office to a toilet in another area <sneaky>
Armpit is now safely re-encased...phew!!
Desperatly trying to remember if I waved my arms around when talking to people earlier ( I normally do...yikes!!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: