Talk

Advanced search

I have a job interview tomorrow, what is ATC?

(9 Posts)
Squirrel3 Thu 25-May-06 16:20:58

Been looking at the the job description and they say that knowledge and the ability to use ATC would be helpful, what the heck is it?

Squirrel3 Thu 25-May-06 16:23:49

Doh, I 've just realised I've put this in archive, guess I'm panicking because I didn't see it in the job description before.

SKYTVADICT Thu 25-May-06 16:27:56

What is it to do with?

We use ACT at work and we use it as a a-z of names etc but it can be used as a diary I think too!

Squirrel3 Thu 25-May-06 16:34:22

Thanks SKYTVADICT, I think I know now, I have been reliably informed that;

"ACT! Software is the world's best selling contact manager with over 4 million users world wide. ACT! Software allows you to organise all your customer information in one place so every detail of every relationship is at your fingertips. Used by small office/home office as well as small and medium businesses to track calls, meetings and to-do items and managing all aspects of the marketing and sales process".

Blimey, I'll just have to go and tell them I learn quickly and easily! Oh well, fingers crossed.

SKYTVADICT Thu 25-May-06 16:39:57

Yes I'm sure it does all that too!

Fingers crossed for you.

Squirrel3 Thu 25-May-06 16:52:06

Thanks.

Amiable Thu 25-May-06 17:22:18

Squirrel, ACT is just a database, despite all the blurb, and if you can use any database, for example in Excel, Access or Lotus Notes, you can use ACT. We have it at work, and it is easy - don't worry!

Not saying it is the case here, but I do hate all the ponciness around computer software, and how companies make such a fuss about having to have experience in one or the other. for heavens sake, all it takes is a few pointers and a bit of common sense and they're not that tricksy!

Sorry, rant over!

LotosEater Thu 25-May-06 17:24:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Squirrel3 Thu 25-May-06 20:34:23

Thank you Amiable, I had a look around on here and it doesn't seem too complicated. At least I can go in to the interview and tell them I've had a look and I have some idea of what it is about and how to use it, also I learn very quickly so it shouldn't take me long to master it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: