Talk

Advanced search

Aargh , online order sent to wrong address !

(6 Posts)
LIZS Tue 28-May-13 14:52:59

dh and dd placed an order with Waterstones online earlier , on an account in my name using her giftcard. Order confirmation comes through with old address - both say it didn't show an address to confirm for delivery just a/c name so didn't realise. We rang Customer Services as soon as we realised (about 3 hours later) but adviser says too late to change as already despatched on Royal Mail but if the delivery is returned they will be in contact by email . I've updated the delivery address details online now - the adviser said she had no way to do so and couldn't help - and emailed Customer Services but they have a 48hr service level hmm. The old house was bought as a btl and we have no contact number there nor would they have ours. If the package fits through the letterbox they won't necessarily refuse delivery. WWYD ?

LIZS Tue 28-May-13 17:43:11

Had a reply to email basically saying same thing, can't change address once order is placed, and to contact them if we've not had a parcel in 10 days' time . Accept it was our mistake for not double checking but hardly constructive Customer Service !

janek Tue 28-May-13 18:06:44

Put a note through the door/go round and explain what's happened? Or send a letter to new tenants if too far away? Not much use if the place is not currently let though.

Try googling the address and see if you can find out who the letting agents are? How annoying for you!

LIZS Tue 28-May-13 18:09:49

Thanks , bit too far to pop round so may just drop them a note asking them to refuse or let us know if it is put through the door. Won't be using Waterstones online again !

PoppyWearer Tue 28-May-13 18:15:34

Happened to me, not Waterstones but an online order using PayPal bizarrely defaulted to my DDad's old address, a one-off, and of course I didn't check because that never happens. angry

It took about 3 weeks but the parcel did eventually get to me. I alerted the letting agent. It was returned to sender then sent to my correct address.

Flipping annoying!

5andnomore Tue 28-May-13 20:42:24

Happened to me with a Debenhams order. New owners denied receipt (despite there being a signature). Debenhams refunded (was during a sale so they couldn't replace the items). I was relieved to get money back, but cross that people were able to take receipt of £300 of goods with no repercussions. Good luck op.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now