Talk

Advanced search

Dyscovery centre in Bracknell?

(10 Posts)
misdee Wed 24-May-06 19:37:38

dd1 just went o na school trip there. she is already asking to go again with me. is it easy to get to? will i regret it? is there anywhere closer to herts similar to it?

misdee Wed 24-May-06 19:39:32

sorry, i mean discovery centre, my brain is on holidays.

Tommy Wed 24-May-06 19:44:47

MN is sooooooo wierd - I have just read an advert for this place and had come to the computer to look up its website to see what it's like

Don't know anything about it obviously but i though it was really eerie...

geogteach Wed 24-May-06 20:02:06

My kids loved it. Easy to get to on M25. Lots of hands on stuff inside and big play area and picnic place outside.

cece Wed 24-May-06 20:04:57

very good imo

annh Wed 24-May-06 20:48:08

Great place, easy to get to and the centre is very hands-on. There's also a huge park/forest with walks through. The cafe is no great shakes though so I would bring a picnic if possible.

bootsmonkey Wed 24-May-06 20:50:55

What sort of age group does it cater for, does anyone know??

gingernut Wed 24-May-06 21:01:03

My dses, who are 18 months and 4.5, love it and it's definitely interesting for older ones too - in fact it's interesting for adults! The playground is also great, and there is a picnic area and cafe (although it's not up to much) and the forest with walks/mountain bike trails. You can wander in and out of the Discovery centre all day if you want so you can pop out for your picnic/a play and back in again. Website is here .

Misdee, it's easy to get to from M25/M4. But no idea if there's anything closer. Science Museum hands-on areas are very good too and free of course.

lunavix Wed 24-May-06 21:09:19

Went there on saturday for two hours, late evening with two year old ds. Had a whale of a time, we were collecting leaves and bark for rubbings, he was fascinated. THe only other bit open was the 'go ape' climbing thing (which we couldn't do, him too small me pg) and we love it.

Mumbojumbo Wed 24-May-06 21:21:51

I was there today with ds1 (4 years) and some of his nursery friends. We were outside in the forest which was lovely although very, very muddy (not that it bothered the kids!). The hands-on bit is very good too, there are lots of things to have a go at and both my boys (ds2 is 2.5 years) really enjoy it. Mind you, we are local and are able to pop down there for an hour or so for them to let off steam!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: