Talk

Advanced search

You gotta laugh haven't you....

(13 Posts)
Pfer Wed 24-May-06 16:40:03

My next door but one neighbour is a taxi driver, well he runs a taxi firm and has about 5 taxi's parked on his drive and in front of his house most of the time. Two of which are mini vans which he parks in his front 'garden' (paved) and parks them across ways so they overhang his and my neighbours garden by about a foot, so she can't mow her lawn, and you can't see past them to reverse out of your drive properly. And he's accused ds1 of scratching his car with his bike, which he def. did not.

Anyhow, nice neighbours car needed MOT and mending, my brother being mechanic type collected her car yesterday morn. and left his works van parked on the road outside her house. Aforementioned van does look very tatty and crap but is roadworthy and insured etc.

Mr taxi dude came home from morning taxi run and found bruvs van parked about 6 inches infront of his house, so what did he do? Phoned the police and reported an abandoned van! The fuzz foned bruv at work and asked if they'd had any vehicles nicked 'errmmm, no'.......... So wasting police time because he couldn't park in front of someone else's house.....pillock.

As I sit here I can see bruvs van parked there yet again, no need to be there, just to annoy taxi man really. From what I gather it's due to be there for the rest of the week..........

charliecat Wed 24-May-06 16:45:06

Oh yes, we have one of those neighbours, he parks so that his car door is in perfect sync with his garden gate <<<<<<<<<<falls on floor laughing>>>>>>>>>>>>
Him and his family park anywhere. Thats fine.
If anyone else on the road pinches the spot outside his house hes at the door knocking asking for it to be moved.
And he parks his f*ing caravan outside our house for days...

SoupDragon Wed 24-May-06 17:01:20

Snigger.

peasinapod Wed 24-May-06 17:34:32

When your brothers finished which one of us do you want to park outside his house .LOL

foxinsocks Wed 24-May-06 17:36:41

lol

I know that sort of thing is puerile but by gawd, it's so satisfying

FioFio Wed 24-May-06 17:37:45

Message deleted

Pfer Wed 24-May-06 18:15:20

Arf!! He keeps going out to stand and stare at it!

Nice neighbour has a v. good friend who's dh is a bus driver.........can you guess what's coming this weekend?

charliecat Thu 25-May-06 20:47:35

Is it still there???!!!

BettySpaghetti Thu 25-May-06 20:55:03

Shame that skips are so expensive to hire.

You could buy an old banger for £50 thats got a bit of road tax left on it and park that there!

gigglinggoblin Thu 25-May-06 20:58:47

the bloke across the road from us has a car and a van - when he goes out in one he moves the other forward / backward half a parking space so no one else can park in front of his house. of course, if the cars surrounding it move you can park really close to his so he cant move it back. dp and i have had lots of fun parking one in front, one behind him this week. we know how pathetic we are but its very satisfying

charliecat Thu 25-May-06 20:59:56

ggg satisfying thats the word!!!

2shoes Thu 25-May-06 21:37:37

lol at this thread it sounds like fun

Twinkie1 Thu 25-May-06 21:39:55

God can he come and park outside my house so the neanderthal who lives next door can't.

Your brother sounds like my kinda man - shame DP on stag at moment He he

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: