Talk

Advanced search

Aargh! Black lab covered in PVA and orange poster paint

(11 Posts)
swedishmum Wed 24-May-06 15:58:31

After finishing coursework at 3am, then baby woke, dh abroad, cess pool man arrived at 7.30, I decided on a bit of r and r shopping with baby. Came back after school run to find adolescent labrador has somehow got hold of pva and orange poster paint, trashed the utility room and covered himself in it. PVA nearly in eyes. No idea what to do! Sometimes I think there's someone out to get me...

Gingerbear Wed 24-May-06 15:59:52

PVA will wash out in warm water, hopefully so will orange poster paint.
Use shampoo, (human stuff will do) but don't get it in his eyes.

cupcakes Wed 24-May-06 16:01:53

oh god, that's grim. I can believe it of a black labrador... ours would do the same.
Have you somewhere you can put him after you've cleaned him so you can deal with he utility room?

swedishmum Wed 24-May-06 16:08:43

Ok, 1 more school run then I'm going out with the shampoo. I've put him outside for now. He's such a mad thing. And I was feeling so relaxed after my nice day out...

swedishmum Wed 24-May-06 17:05:23

Poor thing still has a bit of an orange tint on his tail, but it could have been worse. Is it too early for a restorative glass of wine after my shower?

Gingerbear Wed 24-May-06 17:09:49

No - tis after 5pm - crack open vino whilst cooking dinner! You deserve it!

cupcakes Wed 24-May-06 17:09:52

I think circumstances allow for glass of wine.
How old is he? Mine is 7 months and the other week I almost wept when he ate a pooh dd did in the garden.

swedishmum Wed 24-May-06 17:15:48

That's just horrible, Cupcakes! Glad ours isn't the only one though. He's 9 months - people keep saying he'll be great in a couple of years.

cupcakes Wed 24-May-06 18:36:22

we get that too... <sigh>

Mercy Wed 24-May-06 18:57:47

I know I shouldn't laugh but

cupcakes, my friend's dog used to try and eat the contents of her baby's nappy - it's a primal instinct apparently. Something to do with covering their traces.

swedishmum Wed 24-May-06 21:12:34

Wish he'd cover his traces in the garden - spend ages every day scooping up poo!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: