Talk

Advanced search

Macromedia flsh player help needed please

(7 Posts)
hasbean Tue 23-May-06 16:21:53

Any techies out there that can help me I would much appricate.
I cannot get macromedia flash 8 to work, when I download it it tells me it is installed but when I try and use a site that needs it (Cbeebies) it will not run. Some sites I visit tell me I have the player then just sit there looking back at me and not working
I have posted this on a computer help website but as yet had no response can the wonder of mumsnet rescue me again

hasbean Tue 23-May-06 17:18:52

ANYONE???????????

hasbean Tue 23-May-06 18:33:28

No One then I guess
Or am I just being impatient

Airy Tue 23-May-06 18:35:27

I'm glad someone asked this, can't help I'm afraid but I'm having exactly the same problem, site tells me it's installed but when I'm trying to use a site that needs it I'm told to go and get it! lol

Hope someone knows how to fix it

hasbean Tue 23-May-06 19:07:05

Hi Airy it's very frustrating isn't it. My Dad who is usually a whizz with computers spent two hours yesterday trying to sort it out but to no avail.
It is reasuring to know that I am not alone.

hasbean Wed 24-May-06 10:39:17

Airy
My Dad has yet again solved my problems. You have to load an 'uninstall macromedia' program then reinstall from clean as bits of it left on your system can stop it working. I don;t know how to CAT ( I don't actually know what it is but keep seeing it referred to on here ) but if you give me your email address I can email the program to you.
My daughter will be really pleased when she comes home from school and can access the games on CBeebies again

Airy Thu 25-May-06 14:19:04

Thanks for that hasbean, I found the program to uninstall it myself so all's good on my pc now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: