Talk

Advanced search

anyone used commercial cleaners to sort out house before they moved in?

(7 Posts)
abusybee Tue 23-May-06 10:40:16

We've had an offer accepted on a house that is rather errm grimey.... and I think for our sanity we need to get the professionals in before we start to live there....

Any recommended companies (SW London)?

How much did it cost?

Did you do it on the day of the move or before or after (Can't get my head around the best timing)

Carmenere Tue 23-May-06 10:44:33

Not before I moved in but I had professionals in to clean the last place before we left. Only cost about £70 for 2 women for 4 hours (and we gave them each a £10 tip) They did a fab job though. I'll try to find the website..

ComeOVeneer Tue 23-May-06 10:45:32

Give a shout for Bubble99 she recently used a company in that area when she moved.

lucykate Tue 23-May-06 10:50:27

we've just booked a cleaning company, its a 4 bed detatched house and they are charging £250. the house was grotty when we viewed it so am expecting the worst when we get there. they've told me the best time is when its empty before you move in if possible.

don't know any in london, we're moving to leicestershire. i got the number on the internet under domestic cleaning services.

rickman Tue 23-May-06 10:51:33

Message withdrawn

abusybee Tue 23-May-06 13:07:26

thanks for all of these - I've also thought that maybe I could ask the estate agents as they also do lettings so presumably might use someone.

I am assuming that a company would be better as they'd have some super dooper steam machines rather than elbow grease?

abusybee Wed 24-May-06 22:41:43

bump in case anyone else around that's done this. cheers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: