Talk

Advanced search

HELP PLEASE! My washing machine is dying!!!

(13 Posts)
YellowFeathers Mon 22-May-06 14:44:33

I've set it to do a 40 wash and its just stopped half way without even wetting all the clothes.

I've re-set it to go again and its stopped in the same place so I nudged the button on a bit to a differet part of the wash iyswim and it's just spun a bit made the noise like it's draining and stopped!

What do I do with it? I haven't a clue about stuff like this and dh won't be home till tomorrow night!

YellowFeathers Mon 22-May-06 14:54:33

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

puddle Mon 22-May-06 14:56:51

Turn it off and leave it for an hour. Then start it from the beginning again.

Jessajam Mon 22-May-06 14:57:40

ummm whenever mine plays silly buggars it usually means there is a blockage in the drainy bit - on mine it is under the panel at the bottom front of teh machine and invariably ends up flooding half teh kitchen when I unscrew it and fish out a small piece of twig/dig chewed plastic spoon etc.

Jessajam Mon 22-May-06 14:58:19

DOG chewed - fergawdsake

plummymummy Mon 22-May-06 15:08:16

Mine is playing up too. Think it's a drainage problem also. Try the drain function to get rid of water, then turn it off for a while. Then select a different 40 wash programme and keep your fingers crossed! That's what I do (no logic to it whatsoever)and sometimes it pays off. If it stops near the end of the cycle I select the spin function and that usually gets it going again.

YellowFeathers Mon 22-May-06 15:17:05

Sorry just buggered off there.

Have taken what I think is the filter our ands virtually flooded my kitchen! Great.

I've tried to do anothercycle and its just turining the programme dial round, nothing else.

The tablets are half disolved and the conditioner has gone from the draw but the clothes don't smell clean so it hasn't done a proper wash obviously.

I could cry. I've put in all my Maternity wear so I have nothing clean to wear apart from what I have on.

plummymummy Mon 22-May-06 15:26:41

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried ringing the manufacturer to see if they can diagnose over the phone?

YellowFeathers Mon 22-May-06 15:36:28

Do you think they will?

It's out of warranty I know that.

plummymummy Mon 22-May-06 21:50:41

Well mine is an ariston and i phoned them to ask what it could be. They said it was a drainage problem and told me how to manually drain it. It's out of warranty too.

hub2dee Mon 22-May-06 22:04:40

Yes, you need to remove / clean / replace the filter, and also inspect / clear the waste pipe of any possible blockages.

Once clear, I would switch it off at the mains for a few mins for everything to reset, and then attempt to run the drain program to make sure the machine is pumped. Switch off again at the mains and then reattempt a normal wash program.

If that doesn't work maybe the programmer / controller has died and needs to be replaced ?

You can find online manuals for your machine and advice here .

hth

YellowFeathers Mon 22-May-06 22:09:15

Aww thanks

I keep emptying the filter and its just flooding my kitchen. MIL has been and taken my washing and what was in the machine and there is a pool of water left in the drum so it's obviously not draining so most likely is a blockage.

I was tempted to detach the hose part from the pipes but since we've sold the house I really don't want to ruin it by me pretendng to be a plumber.

I have noticed a nasty smell now though so Im putting it down to the washing machine.

plummymummy Thu 25-May-06 12:18:54

Yes we were getting a nasty smell too. I took the soap dispenser drawer out and behind it was a lot of yucky mouldy gunk. You know the hole bit where the soap goes in order to get into the drum...well that was disgusting. Had to give it a good scrub.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: