Talk

Advanced search

need decorating ideas for 4yr old dd'd new bedroom in new house

(9 Posts)
lucykate Mon 22-May-06 13:46:13

i need cheering up, have had a sad week and in the middle of it all, we are also preparing to move house. dd hasn't been sleeping very well so i've promised to decorate her room first. its 11'10'"x9'9" and we may buy one of those bunk beds things with a double on the bottom and a single on top as we're moving away from family so need to provide bed space for visitors.

any ideas???, i'm afraid she's a huge fan of the colour...................

pink

JackieNo Mon 22-May-06 13:51:03

Laura Ashley have some nice stuff, and so do the White Company . What sort of style are you after? Modern/funky or traditional/romantic?

lucykate Mon 22-May-06 13:58:17

the power of mumsnet works its magic already

do you know what, now i've looked at the laura ashley link, i quite like the floral idea, a bit of 'shabby chic', i'm afraid if i go too strongly down the fairy or princess route she may grow out of it quickly, florals are a bit more classic aren't they, thanks jn

would be really different too, never really done florals in our house before.

JackieNo Mon 22-May-06 14:07:11

And I guess that if you're doing florals, you're not restricting yourself to 'children's' stuff - gives you a much wider choice in a lot of things.

JackieNo Mon 22-May-06 14:12:05

Mind you, some pretty stuff here . Nice stuff on the rest of the site too, but not cheap. And there's always the queen of florals, Cath Kidston

twocatsonthebed Mon 22-May-06 14:24:56

My goddaughter wanted the dreaded pink room age 7, and so her parents painted it a bright lipstick pink on one or two walls (I think it's a Fired Earth colour) and then did the curtains, bedspreads etc in 2 sizes of bright pink gingham fabric (john lewis, and dead cheap) and plain white. It looks great, and she's still happy with it even though she's now 12...

hulababy Mon 22-May-06 14:34:00

We let DD have her own way when we moved her last September (she was 3,5). Her walls are painted pink. We have Disney Princess stick ons, and 3 larger square Princess images. Pink and/or princess type accessories. Pink new over bed. She still loves it as do most of her girly friends/ I fihgure they are only little once, it is their bedroom and space - and hey, it is only paint and stickers. All easy to remove and repaint.

cece Mon 22-May-06 14:41:06

I find Dulux Blossom white meets the pink requirements of DD and the not too pink requirements of me.

crunchie Mon 22-May-06 14:42:31

When we did DD1's bedroom she was 2, we painted pink stripes on the walls (very pale pink all over as a base, then using narrow roller with mid rose pink) the curtains and duvet were Laura Ashley fun fairies. Now she is 7 she wants it more grown up so we have changed the curtains, duvet to patchwork floral. I can see this working until she is about 10 or so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: