And where going btw???

myturn Sun 21-May-06 22:57:48

Sooo jealous. Wherever you are going! Have a fab time

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 22:58:38

Message withdrawn

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 22:59:38

Message withdrawn

jampots Sun 21-May-06 23:01:51

id be like you mosschops - nearly crapped myself on a brum/dublin flight so much that the captain invited me to the cockpit for the descent.

Hope you have a great time

Pisces Sun 21-May-06 23:03:04

Mosschops, I used to fly around the world for a living and what stopped me being sick everytime I turned up at the airport was some very good advice from a veteran traveller: "The pilot wants to get there just as much as you do. If he does not consider it safe to fly - he won't!"

Take a few deep breaths and remember, it's safer up there than down here on the roads.

Enjoy your holiday!

moondog Sun 21-May-06 23:03:14

Jammy,that could have freaked you even more.
Captain must have fancied you...

myturn Sun 21-May-06 23:04:08

You'll be fine mosschops. I came back last weekend after a week in Poland (amazing, would highly recommend it). Yep, 'Lost' briefly flashed through my mind as we were travelling back lol, especially as we were at the back of the plane. Then again, apparently the people at the back of flight 4whateveritwas are alive and kicking on the island.... Don't they say that air travel is still the safest form of getting from A to B? Enjoy, and think of all us poor people envying you.

jampots Sun 21-May-06 23:04:21

lol Moondog - I did wonder why he asked me to sit on his ........

no not really.! I was truly cacking it BEFORE the flight took off. In fact when the plane landed the pissed up irishmen gave me a round of applause for actually getting through it

trefusis Sun 21-May-06 23:04:38

Message withdrawn

JoolsToo Sun 21-May-06 23:06:54

oh mosschops - know exactly where you're coming from. I'm going to Majorca next Saturday with the whole family and am dreading the flight! Then bugger me we are only home (god willing!) for 3 weeks and I'm off again - I'm not a happy bunny.

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 23:08:39

Message withdrawn

moondog Sun 21-May-06 23:10:16

Are you off with GDG and gang JT?
If so,are you pencilled in for babysitting??

Where are you off to after that??

merlotmama Sun 21-May-06 23:11:55

I'm with the 'pilot wants to get home for his tea with his family' school of thought. For him, this is a driving job. If it gets bumpy, think of it like a badly maintained road - just the odd pothole. No big deal.
BTW Virgin Atlantic showed us 'Lost' on the plane to the US last summer - they were very proud of it because it hadn't reached UK telly at that time.

jampots Sun 21-May-06 23:13:31

mosschops - my ds likes ACI and for the life of me I dont have a clue how he can watch it. I have a friend who is a pilot and he is extremely thorough He flies for Emirates now. Hes the one I took off to Dublin so he could talk me through all the horrid noises I was bound to hear.

JT - Didnt realise you didnt enjoy flying. You should come and stay with me insetad

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 23:14:59

Message withdrawn

moondog Sun 21-May-06 23:15:52

Bach's Rescue Remedy?
(Fags doing you no good at all,but you know that..)

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 23:16:55

Message withdrawn

JoolsToo Sun 21-May-06 23:17:35

yes GDG, SIL, 2 ds's and dh - we in a villa for a week, should be fun

after that we are off to our mates gaff oop in the hills of Canneas de Aceituno (or something like that) - nothing swish but they have quite a nice townhouse - horrendous journey up the mountain though!

only got iffy about flying as I've got older - I'm quite unnerved these days

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 23:17:41

Message withdrawn

moondog Sun 21-May-06 23:19:16

OOh lovely
Good time to go,not too hot.

Bon Voyage!

moondog Sun 21-May-06 23:19:55

Mossy,dunno but mil (very nervy sort) sore by it.
That gas& air they give you in labour would sort you out.

JoolsToo Sun 21-May-06 23:20:32

yes and we move bloody house the day before - but let's not go there!

mosschops30 Sun 21-May-06 23:20:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: