Talk

Advanced search

getting stains out of white school polo shirts

(16 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 21-May-06 19:56:30

DS, age 4, comes home from school filthy and even though the teachers are adament that he wears an apron for painting etc, his new whie polo shirts already have stains on them.

Any ideas please for the best way to clean them up properly?

TIA

mckenzie Sun 21-May-06 19:57:16

sorry, 'adamant'

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 19:57:17

Cold water and bleach overnight. Hot whites wash next day

mckenzie Sun 21-May-06 20:11:20

I'll give that a go martianbishop. thanks

MarsLady Sun 21-May-06 20:15:07

That's good to know MB. Will pop them in bleach now.

Washing in napisan is good too

robinpud Sun 21-May-06 20:15:22

mckenzie- train ds to check that painting apron is on the right way. We have one which you put your arms in and they fasten at the back. Excellent...BUT 1st child wears it and gets paint all over it on the front. Takes it off by puuling it off and leaving it inside out. Second child puts it on and voila paint all over the polo shirt. Just a thought...

PanicPants Sun 21-May-06 20:19:05

could try the stuff for net curtains, can't remember what it's called.

aintmebabe Sun 21-May-06 20:20:00

GloWhite

mckenzie Sun 21-May-06 20:22:09

I think part of the problem is that they only use aprons like you or I would use in the kitchen not ones with covered arms. And it isn't helped with the fact that DS is so small so the top bit probably comes down to his tummy nearly. And he's a boy so particularly messy too, bless him!

mckenzie Sun 21-May-06 20:26:44

have you ever used Glowhite on clothes Panicpants or Aintmebabe?

aintmebabe Mon 22-May-06 09:52:21

Yes, all the time. I just bung it in with a white wash - seems to help!

tallmummy Mon 22-May-06 11:53:48

I bung ds2's in to soak with nappy soak and then put a bit in the washing machine too. He goes off to school gleaming.

Laura032004 Mon 22-May-06 13:06:11

Oxybleach in with the washing powder, or as a prewash. The one that's safe to use with clothes (even colours I think?). I think Domestos make it. I'm also a big fan of the Vanish powder that you add to the washing powder.

mckenzie Tue 23-May-06 21:07:45

has anyone ever used the Sainsbury's own white stain remover sachets? They are on special offer at the moment in my local so i thought I might try those to start with.

SoupDragon Tue 23-May-06 21:09:07

I've found the prefect way to get stain free polo shirts and it's the only way that's worked for me. Go and buy new ones. I gavein and replaced allof DSs today. Sigh.

mckenzie Wed 24-May-06 14:09:32

these are brand new ones Soupdragon!! DS only started wearing them last week and already they are stained!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: