Talk

Advanced search

Sick over favourite soft toy ....

(12 Posts)
Millie1 Sun 21-May-06 17:22:36

Any ideas how to remove the smell? Toy is saturated and says surface clean only ... have a feeling bicarb of soda is recommended but it's never worked for me in the past.

All ideas gratefully received esp if they mean I can have it washed, dried & smelling beautiful by 7.30pm .

TIA

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 17:23:58

I'd still throw it in the washing machine, tied up in a pillowcase, on cold or delicate wash cycle, w/a teeny bit of washing liquid and a small handful of soda crystals.

MrsBadger Sun 21-May-06 17:25:24

Ignore directions, remove any removable bits (ribbons etc), tie in pillowcase, fling in washing machine on gentle 30 degree wash and hope nothing falls off or shrinks.
Peg (traditionally by ears) on washing line in last of the sun.

PanicPants Sun 21-May-06 17:25:33

I'd bung it in anyway, I bung ds toys either in dishwasher or washing machine - depending on what they're made of, regardless of what the instructions say. Nothings been ruined yet!

MrsBadger Sun 21-May-06 17:26:04

great minds, expat...

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 17:27:12

snap, MrsB, and GREAT tip about pegging it up in the sun on the line to dry - the sun's a natural disinfectant, too.

PanicPants Sun 21-May-06 17:28:40

I think that if a toy can't withstand a good washing then it's not suitable as a childs toy.

At least this is what I tell dp as I bung yet another toy in with the wash.

lol at hanging by ears

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 17:30:07

DD1's ralphed all over her fav toy, a dog someone gave her from M&S that i've NEVER been able to find a replacement for (just in case) at least 3 times.

'Pippin's been fine in the wash every time and I dry him by his ears - natch! - in a sunny window.

SoupDragon Sun 21-May-06 17:30:10

Since it's already saturated with sick, a whizz round the washing machine isn't going to make it any worse

Millie1 Sun 21-May-06 17:33:24

Thanks all ... Eeyore en-route to the washing machine now but as for the last of the summer sun? It's tossing the rain down here!!

Tumble-drier?????? ... Or am I pushing it?

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 17:38:29

I wouldn't put it in the dryer. A warm radiator would work.

Millie1 Sun 21-May-06 17:41:14

Warm radiator it is ... thans Expat!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: