Talk

Advanced search

I hope Gwyneth reads this voice of reason

(9 Posts)
emkana Sat 20-May-06 12:40:05

at last a voice of reason, after that nanny person has been praised so much everywhere else

edam Sat 20-May-06 12:43:30

Oh, fantastic! Wish I'd written it.

Kathy1972 Sat 20-May-06 12:46:55

"how much bawling you can tolerate before you step in to comfort, pretty much depends on how your own crying was dealt with when you were an infant."

Is there any evidence for this statement though? It sounds like total bllcks to me.

emkana Sat 20-May-06 19:21:39

Kathy - I'm not sure about that statement either.

edam Sat 20-May-06 19:29:27

Me neither - thrown in with no explanation. But a tiny flaw in an otherwise fab piece.

(Wish she'd said why she thinks your own infancy is related to your ability to ignore a crying baby, would have been interesting to know.)

beansprout Sat 20-May-06 19:30:07

I'm with her on Stadlen's book being the best one ever though!

cupcakes Sat 20-May-06 19:35:21

I heart Penelope Leach.

MadamePlatypus Sat 20-May-06 20:08:11

I agree that the controlled crying bit was thrown in out of nowhere, but agreed with the rest of it, particularly about breastfeeding advice. Also, the bit about getting someone to look after your baby and then realising that you NEVER get a break from a baby, even with geographical separation.

tribpot Sat 20-May-06 20:11:07

I think Gwyneth actually said Apple was sleeping for a 6-7 hour stretch by six weeks, not sleeping through in the sense of 12 solid hours or anything like that. Who knows, maybe she would have done that anyway?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: