Talk

Advanced search

I feel the Chicken of Depression is circling

(17 Posts)
doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 21:17:31

Fed up...last straw when dp who has applied for squillions of jobs since made redundant got sent a reply email from a company..and i quote from the subject@blah,blah...total job hopper!' he is not...he is 42 and had 5 jobs in that time and works sodding hard we are in ROI and have been for last year and if you haven't been in job forever they take it badly.Dp sent email back and they said it was a brief synopsis intended for office use only!First how can you have a brief synopsis and also no apology they said thankyou for bringing it to our attention and we await your application!This is the last straw he goes for interviews and does not hear anything.
Also hard to fit in where we are and i don'tknow what to do anymore.Don't feel you need to say owt just needed to get it out.
We haven't a pot tp piss in.I know all the important things are ok{health,ds etc}but i am having a ct scan next wed and am frightened.
The chicken of depression is the opposite of the bluebird of happiness{card sent to me by family friend when dd died 16 years ago}very apt!

FrannySmith Fri 19-May-06 21:27:49

Oh am very sorry to hear all this

I do love the 'chicken of depression' phrase. I will remember that one.

I wish I could send you some better luck and also a pot to piss in

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 21:31:05

thanks Franny..its just been a build up and i feel like i want to SHOUT my fam aint supportive and i just felt like offloading.

FrannySmith Fri 19-May-06 21:34:01

YOU CAN SHOUT AS LOUD AS YOU WANT ON HERE

no-one is listening

Except me and 40,000 lurkers

sansouci Fri 19-May-06 21:39:17

I hope that damn chicken gets effing bird flu!

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 21:51:59

Sorry not 'brief'synopsis but 'condensed'

Mercy Fri 19-May-06 21:52:37

Poor you

What is the scan for? (sorry I don't know what ct means)

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 21:54:23

My head..I am having my head tested!It's to check for a brain tumour..eek

sansouci Fri 19-May-06 21:55:51

OMG -- that's very scary, doobie. What makes anyone think you have a brain tumour?

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 21:57:55

Headaches and dizzy and feeling pukey I am hoping that it is just an escalation of migraine[never thought i would hope for that!]

Mercy Fri 19-May-06 22:06:13

doobydoo, fingers crossed- let us know how you get on.

I have suffered heaches and migraines for donkey's years. It can be so debilitating.

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 22:09:58

Thanks Mercy..i think the doctor just wants to rule it out and i think you always feel the worst when you are worried about other stuff..i suppose nothing can be trivial when you are anxiousI think migraines are completely shite but i will cherish them if all is well after scan..if you get my drift!

sansouci Fri 19-May-06 22:13:13

Maybe it's stress/depression? Have you ever been diagnosed as depressed before?

I can sympathise. My dh is 56 & I live in terror of him losing his job. He was on the dole for 18 months about 10 years ago, before we got married & it was hell on earth. Enough to make anyone feel deathly ill!

Mercy Fri 19-May-06 22:13:32

I certainly do! Best of luck, and don't forget to report back.

Take care

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 22:17:50

Yes i have had depression before and it can manifest itself in lots of different ways can't it?
I shall have the scan and see what happens and if all well i shall be sooo relieved i expect all the other stuff will pale into insignificance.
I know what a hard worker dp is and that people would be so lucky to have him i think they just want younger people or people they can boss around who aren't as well qualified or would be scared to stick their neck out for fear of losing their job.Dp is not a corporate schmoozer...he just can't do it!
He is watching grumpy old men at the moment

sansouci Fri 19-May-06 22:22:47

LOL at grumpy old men. That's my dh! And he also works bloody hard & refuses to toady to the whims of the corporate fat-cats. 42 isn't too old to find a new job, no way!

And yes, depression is a chicken of many disguises!

Good luck & let us know the results.

doobydoo Fri 19-May-06 22:24:36

Thankyou Ladies for making me laugh and not take it all too seriously..and weepy moment..there should be a boohooing icon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: