Talk

Advanced search

wedding ring advice

(18 Posts)
jamieleigh Fri 19-May-06 19:50:24

we're due to get married and are in the process of choose rings i;d really like white gold as dh would like yellow gold would it be worng not to have matching?

LadyTophamHatt Fri 19-May-06 19:57:19

Of course it's not wrong.

I have a white/gold carosel(sp??) ring (the white bit has diamonds in it, and it spins. Hence the carosel)

Dh has his dad's old ring.

They certainly don't match.

Smurfgirl Fri 19-May-06 19:59:52

Nooo not at all. My wedding ring is yellow gold (not married yet BTW ring was left to me) and dp was titanium. Don't think it matters really. Maybe for the rings pic it might not look perfect but who regularly looks at that!

Smurfgirl Fri 19-May-06 20:00:21

(someone is going to come along and tell me that they have a massive framed picture of their hands showing their rings)

cod Fri 19-May-06 20:01:19

Message withdrawn

cod Fri 19-May-06 20:01:39

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Fri 19-May-06 20:02:06

DH wouldn't wear a ring .. consider yourself lucky

Twiglett Fri 19-May-06 20:02:34

my platinum rings look fab I'll have you know you scaly ol' miser

cod Fri 19-May-06 20:02:42

Message withdrawn

LadyTophamHatt Fri 19-May-06 20:03:17

well, mine looks lovely so don't listen to fishface over there

Gem13 Fri 19-May-06 20:05:39

On CSI the other night they discovered a couple weren't a couple by their mismatching wedding rings!!

Wear what you like. We both have platinum as we don't like gold. Each to their own and all that.

Gem13 Fri 19-May-06 20:07:22

My hands are brown already cod. It has been a warm May up until now.

Smurfgirl Fri 19-May-06 20:14:41

<<<<whispers>>>

i agree cod

i looooove white gold but as i say my engagement ring is yellow gold and it does look better next to my (incredibly white) skin! however i am a fairly dramatic shade of white

cod Fri 19-May-06 22:40:07

Message withdrawn

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Fri 19-May-06 23:07:50

Ours don't match - mine yellow gold, DH's titanium or something like that.

I prefer white, but decided yellow went with the engagement ring (although I planned to wear that on the other hand).

Oh, we do have a photo of hands/rings (not huge and framed ), and it looks really nice regardless of the different coloured rings - you are different people, regardless of a wedding

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Fri 19-May-06 23:08:11

Ours don't match - mine yellow gold, DH's titanium or something like that.

I prefer white, but decided yellow went with the engagement ring (although I planned to wear that on the other hand).

Oh, we do have a photo of hands/rings (not huge and framed ), and it looks really nice regardless of the different coloured rings - you are different people, regardless of a wedding

hunkermonkee Fri 19-May-06 23:09:37

Do your hands match? No. So no need for your rings to. Unless you wear the same shade of nail varnish?

eidsvold Fri 19-May-06 23:10:12

have what you want - don't have to match - dh and I both had white gold but he had a patterned ring and I went for plain.

My white gold looks fab scaly one but then I don't have pasty white english hands

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: