Talk

Advanced search

A question about the pill..........

(14 Posts)
TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 19-May-06 15:28:33

Its Mycroginan (spelt wrong i know. In white box with green stripe)

Anyhow, for the last few months ive taken it without the 7 day break. Is it alright to keep doing this and is it really important to have the break?

I know you can take it for a couple of months witout the break but is it safe to do long term?

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 19-May-06 15:29:45

no idea hun, im on the same one and have only ever run 2 packs together

bluejelly Fri 19-May-06 15:31:06

I'm not a dr but from what i recall it is safe. Call the family planning helpline and they will know.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 19-May-06 15:31:12

Just looking for an excuse to get out of periods! Its never a convienient time

izzybiz Fri 19-May-06 15:31:54

im sure i read once that it would be ok indefinately, but you could always ask your pharmacist, they should know.

madmarchhare Fri 19-May-06 15:34:42

I would imagine that if you ask you would be advised not to tbh.

What about a coil? Is the mirena one that can slow down or stop periods altogether?

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 19-May-06 15:39:15

I find the idea of a coil scary

paddingtonbear1 Fri 19-May-06 15:42:56

I used to take microgynon and ran 3 packs together, then had the 7 day break, then did another 3 packs - etc. Now I take the mini pill which has pretty much stopped my periods altogether!

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 19-May-06 15:44:07

Were your periods worse for taking the packs continuiosly?

Stupid question but... it doesnt all build up and then be really heavy/painfull? like 3x the cramps?

yorkshirelass79 Fri 19-May-06 15:44:34

Message withdrawn

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 19-May-06 15:45:55

tamba, i ran my first 2 packets together had my break and didnt need to go higher than a panty liner! No cramps or anything - and thisi s the girl who was flooding super plus tampons and a sanitary towel before starting the pill!

paddingtonbear1 Fri 19-May-06 15:48:49

my periods were no different when I'd run the packs together - since taking the pill I've had no bad periods or PMT.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 19-May-06 15:51:03

I will just carry on with the next pack tommorrow then (was last pill of this pack today)

It seems to be really suiting me, no weight gain etc. Only thing is, as I smoke im not sure how long I can stay on it. Hmmm perhaps time to quit smoking!

paddingtonbear1 Fri 19-May-06 16:02:42

If you smoke the doc wouldn't recommend you stay on it beyond the age of 35. Mind you I'm 38, never smoked, no family history of thrombosis and my doc still doesn't want me to go back on it! hence the mini pill.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: