Talk

Advanced search

What TV adverts do you love and hate?

(12 Posts)
stripeybumpsmum Thu 18-May-06 12:48:07

I am on a big time faffing about day today....

I love the new Pot Noodle advert
I don't like the Vauxhall Zafira advert (Harry is quite clearly about 17 now which I assume is why he doesn't speak as his voice has broken)
I don't like the M & S food ones 'this isn't just...
I REALLY dislike the ads for the 'Any Purpose loan' people. Ocean Finance have gone a bit upmarket with their ship wreck survivor but the rest are still using their staff to do the ads. Sorry if I offend anyone you know who does this, but there is a reason why people with Equity cards are used!!!!!!

LillyPink Thu 18-May-06 12:51:40

I hate the advert for the loo paper that is 'cleansing' or some such nonsense - with smug women in their lovely bathrooms gushing about how wonederful it is.

Its loo roll ffs!!

Tutter Thu 18-May-06 12:53:03

<<ooh, but LP, haven't you tried moist loo roll? life changing product...>>

Ledodgyherring Thu 18-May-06 13:01:35

I hate the picture loans advert, the one with the wife filming her husband ringing to get a loan WTF? I hate it when he says " You can have a real conversation with those guys at picture" and she says "what? About football" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LillyPink Thu 18-May-06 13:02:17

lol - moist eeww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northerner Thu 18-May-06 13:05:37

I hate the Ariel advert 'Is gentle soemthing that you touch or something that touches you?'and the M&S 'this is not just salmon, it's organic, gold plated blah blah' also the picture loan one.

Love the music to sheila's wheels, ds and I always sing along.

katzg Thu 18-May-06 13:11:15

i hate the flash adverts which imply that women are studid because she uses lots of different products but the man oh now he's the smart one he used flash multi purpose!

the other ones i hate or the crime warning ones

the guy with the mobile who says 'i leave it here on the table when i go to the bar, or maybe you could take it off me outside when its lit up like a christmas tree'

they imply that the guy is asking to have his phone stolen ie its your fault not that nicking phones is wrong

mosschops30 Thu 18-May-06 13:14:09

Message withdrawn

katzg Thu 18-May-06 16:00:10

the advert i love is the car one with the choir making the noises for the car - think it is sooo clever

Wisp Thu 18-May-06 16:13:03

mosschops, The music on the sony advert with the bouncy balls is by Jose Gonzalez- brilliant album!!

chocolatequeen Thu 18-May-06 16:16:47

love the last minute.com advert with the guy with one arm - makes me go all goosebumpy and teary..... haven´t seen it for a while now though - does anyone know if it´s still on.

love the new pot noodle one too. classic.

TinyGang Thu 18-May-06 16:20:40

Love love love the Guinness advert where they all go backwards out of the pub to cavemen and swamp creatures to 'The Rhythm of Life'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: