Talk

Advanced search

Bourneville is changing her name and here's why...

(17 Posts)
bourneville Thu 18-May-06 10:48:26

My boyf would ABSOLUTELY FREAK OUT if he found out I post personal stuff, ESP about our relationship, here! (I kind of think, fair enough, esp as i have told a few ppl about mumsnet and they know who i am).He doesn't even like me keeping a diary! What, out of interest, do the rest of you tell/not tell your dps about this? Am I alone in this?

So, I am starting a whole fresh identity and will use bourneville if I want to post really personal stuff.

But I feel really odd doing this cos I feel like some of you know me now and I don’t want to be “new” again so in the hope that you’ll have picked up on this thread my name from now on will be (no spaces obv) Floating On The Med (which is when I feel most at peace, I could do with reminding of it now & then! )

Would be interested to see how many of you are aware of “bourneville”? I know I don’t post often compared to the regulars but I feel like I know some of you now and I might be completely anonymous to you for all I know!!

Bozza Thu 18-May-06 10:50:13

I think quite a few people probably know the basics about you - I certainly do, posted on a potty training thread for you the other day. Good luck with new identity/

hunkercaribou Thu 18-May-06 10:50:45

I "know" you - you're one of the chocolatey MNers!

We talked about birthday cards on Milkshake most recently.

Like your new name - will now think of holidays and lilos instead of chocolates when you post

bourneville Thu 18-May-06 11:01:25

It's quite sad that i have to start afresh & explain myself again

cadbury Thu 18-May-06 11:04:15

but you will still be one of my chocolatey cousins

Dh knows my monicker on here but I have never posted anything I wouldn't say to his face (or shout at him) anyway.

DumbledoresGirl Thu 18-May-06 11:04:42

Does your bf know your posting name? If not, I don't quite understand how it will help changing your name, and if he does, surely you don't want to keep bourneville for the personal stuff?

Sorry, just abit confused by that.

You have my sympathies re starting anew. I did that recently, and felt quite liberated to begin with, but then realised old MN "friends" had no idea who I was!

NomDePlume Thu 18-May-06 11:05:37

I 'know' you too, bv

bluejelly Thu 18-May-06 11:06:40

Hi Bourneville
I used to tell my ex about things I'd read but he found it all rather intriging and asked to be sent the link-- i told him it was a private member's only club and he cld only access if he registered. That put him off

Avalon Thu 18-May-06 11:07:27

Posted on your thread yesterday, bourneville, so I'm aware of you.

bourneville Thu 18-May-06 13:17:14

No he doesn't know my posting name and doesn't know i even post (not sure if he even guesses, he is obviously aware i read stuff on here).

Need to change my name cos i want to feel free to talk about stuff (these days i'm finding it v difficult not to mention mumsnet esp when talking about parenting stuff, it helps back up my arguments !) and i'm just worried that one day boyf will be interested enough to want to read a thread for himself or check out the site (therefore finding out my name). He could then theoretically do a search on my name and find all this stuff i've posted about him & our relationship, and however harmless the stuff might be I know that he would freak out cos he's just like that - like i said, he hates even my diary even though it's locked away. Hope that makes sense, i know it sounds paranoid! i just know that if it was the other way round i would definitely do a search on boyf's name if i knew what it was!

By the way, how do you delete your history on the computer?

bourneville Thu 18-May-06 22:21:15

bump for the night owls!

satine Thu 18-May-06 22:27:43

If you go into Control Panel and then Internet Options, there are boxes there to delete history, files, cookies etc. And I always notice your name as I love dark chocolate!!

blueteddy Thu 18-May-06 22:36:54

Message withdrawn

cat64 Thu 18-May-06 23:08:58

Message withdrawn

bourneville Fri 19-May-06 06:54:17

blueteddy yes i did have another name before bourneville, i changed it cos it was too close to my real name!

cat, no i don't live in bourneville!

earlgrey Fri 19-May-06 07:17:23

Message withdrawn

me23 Fri 19-May-06 08:07:28

Hey, well you know I know you! I totally understand why you are doing this and why you dont want boyf to see certain posts. I feel the same about my situation, but hardly anyone knows me on here so I would be a complete newbie if I did change my name

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: