Talk

Advanced search

My child has eaten nothing other than scotch eggs for the last 3 days

(18 Posts)
belperbabe Wed 17-May-06 22:07:59

Well, not very much other than scotch eggs. Please tell me your children go through these phases too. Do they grow out of them eventually? Will she ever eat a reasonably balanced diet?

Judd Wed 17-May-06 22:18:46

Are Scotch eggs the ones with meat around the egg bit?

sugarfree Wed 17-May-06 22:21:42

yup.I imagine that would get old very quickly.

2shoes Wed 17-May-06 22:22:02

ds went through a stage when small of always having mashed potatoe for dinner

Tortington Wed 17-May-06 22:24:26

mine would eat fuck all - cos they eat what i give em and if they dont like it they wait til breakfast for cornflakes. i dont do food pandering

sugarfree Wed 17-May-06 22:25:28

I'm not trying to be awkward or anything but,why??
What I mean is,you're in charge of meals so why give them the scotch egg,mashed potato or whatever?
I think mine would get too hungry to argue after a few meals of going without.
Please dont be offended either of you,I genuinely want to understand.

collision Wed 17-May-06 22:25:30

LOL Custy....am coming to that stage too!

sugarfree Wed 17-May-06 22:27:15

All this patterns and shapes and Big/Little cook type food ,I just don't get it.

belperbabe Wed 17-May-06 22:30:26

I tend to take custardo's line on food- she is offered what she is offered- quite a variety. I don't tend to offer anything else as an alternative unless she is ill.

But she has chosen to not eat it- and it just feels like she has only wanted to eat the scotch eggs which have been offered as a snack.

misdee Wed 17-May-06 22:32:14

well dont offer them then.

sugarfree Wed 17-May-06 22:35:03

If you don't offer the Scotch eggs as snacks she will be ready for her next meal then surely?

2shoes Wed 17-May-06 22:35:24

hace to say back in the dark ages I didn't realise the mistake I was making so gave him what he wanted. guess what I have a 14 year old fussy eater.did much better with dd as she eats ANYTHING and she has sn! But I was just trying to say the mashed potatoe thing was a passing phase.

belperbabe Wed 17-May-06 22:44:58

thanks 2shoes- was hoping it was a passing phase. I am not too bothered by the scotch eggs per se, more so that she seems just to want 1 type of food. Perhaps one day the phase will be something else (after I have bought BOGOF scotch eggs probably! )

collision Wed 17-May-06 22:48:31

I suppose you just get into a comfort zone of 'ds will eat that so I shall give it to him again and we wont have another horrible dinnertime!'

We fall into this regularly and ds1 is soooo fed up of fishfingers that he now wont touch them. This is my fault.

For the last 3 nights he has tucked into squid ink spaghetti with calamari and clams without a fuss....a trouble free mealtime.

We gave him sausages and veg and potatoes tonight and had a real battle. I am trying to be like Tanya Byron but am struggling.

This parenting malarky is hard work. Having said all that we do make rods for our own backs and I wouldnt have behaved like this as a child.

<Note to me...I must be tougher with ds1>

2shoes Wed 17-May-06 22:50:05

i have done that stocked up with the IN food only for it to be out the next week.

fireflyfairy2 Wed 17-May-06 22:55:57

Mine eats what's cooked or starve until the next meal time but she is 4. I wouldn't make ds starve until next meal as he is just 1

fishie Wed 17-May-06 22:56:38

well apparently i would eat nothing but eggs for ages, mum gave me prunes too . collision you are just right there, can see just how easy to keep going - although yours reads v fish flavoured, do you eat a lot of it? really tricky to provide enough variety without major hassle and i am only feeding a 13 monh old baby and 40 year old man.

collision Wed 17-May-06 23:02:17

We dont really eat a lot of fish....I just plucked those examples out of the air! Tomorrow he could be eating gnocchi with dolcelatte sauce or choc spread sandwiches.

The whole food thing drives me crazy but I must be calm as Tanya says in the House of tiny tearaways!

ds2 is being a pain at home too. Eats everything at nursery though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: