Talk

Advanced search

hairdressing or shearing scissors????

(7 Posts)
motherpeculiar Wed 17-May-06 14:28:28

that's it really

which are best for home haircuts?

(shearing scissors being the ones with the built in comb effect on one blade ifkwim)

SoupDragon Wed 17-May-06 15:35:36

I use clippers on DSs

motherpeculiar Wed 17-May-06 16:28:00

hmm, it's for DD, she wants her hair short but I don't think I am ready for clippers, do they take it in really close to the head?

(am also hoping mil, who used to be a hairdresser, will knock some of the bulk out of the back of my hair too if I have the right tools - and I am too broke to afford two implements of hair cutting)

heavenis Wed 17-May-06 16:39:56

Proper hairdressing ones Boots do some for about £7.00 If your MIL was a hairdresser she'll know how to thin hair out without using the thinning ones.

SoupDragon Wed 17-May-06 16:49:19

Clippers probably aren't suitable for a DD it's true.

I@d go with bog standard hairdressing scissors. I've always found those shearing types pull the hair.

nannyme Thu 18-May-06 01:34:30

This is sooo not the thread for me to be replying to!

I use scissors on dd (if I get there first) but do have one of those shearing thingies which I use on the boys (who actually have fairly long hair) for giving a layered kind of effect. And yes, it pulls as soupdragon says.

Cheap though in Boots methinks.

motherpeculiar Thu 18-May-06 09:36:13

Nannyme - replying to a scissors question at 1.34am - I'm impressed...

I want a layered effect on DD so maybe the shearers, although she'll go crazy if they pull so maybe the scissors...

ho hum, you'd think I had nothing better to think about (she says glancing about a desk full of disorganised paperwork)

thanks laydees

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: