Advanced search

I am so angry. Tell me how to sort it please!

(20 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:26:56

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:35:37

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Wed 17-May-06 13:36:53

talk to SIL ... she'll sort it

Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:38:07

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Wed 17-May-06 13:39:35

tell him you are arranging for another electrician to come round and sort it in 10 days if he hasn't .. and you will be sending him the bill

Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:40:15

Message withdrawn

MeAndMyBoy Wed 17-May-06 13:41:09

Talk to trading standards and see what they suggest. Were really helpful when I talked to them last week about a car garage that were ripping me off. Had some sensible suggestions about things to check and ask, so not just all court and heavy stuff advice.

good luck.

Twiglett Wed 17-May-06 13:41:26

invite him for dinner .. leave circuit on .. get someone to trip it .. show him the problem

lock the door till he sorts it

MeAndMyBoy Wed 17-May-06 13:42:50

Sorry x posts. Might be best just to get someone else to sort it out and then you get let it go and smooth over the family bit - very hard and I'd be so cross behind closed doors.

foxinsocks Wed 17-May-06 13:42:59

what did he say?

Auntymandy Wed 17-May-06 13:43:29

does re setting them not help?

robinpud Wed 17-May-06 13:43:48

Get another electrician to sort out the problem and get dh to talk to his brother. It sounds as if it just isn't worth it trying to get bil to do the work. Be grateful they are his side of the family and not yours. Message on mobile sounds unnecessary . goodluck

Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:51:20

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:51:51

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Wed 17-May-06 13:52:50

agree you should get someone else to sort it out and let DH sort it out

what do PIL have to say?

Yorkiegirl Wed 17-May-06 13:56:01

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Wed 17-May-06 13:58:38

take the higher road YG

you know he's wrong, he knows he's wrong

get someone qualified to guarantee their work who isn't family

never mention it again

one day he'll turn up to fix it and you can say 'oh its ok we found a fabulous electrician to sort out the problems' then just leave it

be a lady YG .. its not worth it

frumpygrumpy Wed 17-May-06 14:07:00

Sounds a right pita. Ask around for a recommended electrician and leave BIL behind. I agree, don't ever mention it again and had as little to do with him as possible. When you do have to see him, smile and be lovely, they never know they're being had .

frumpygrumpy Wed 17-May-06 14:07:43

had = have

lahdeedah Wed 17-May-06 14:18:23

oh no what a nightmare, poor you. As others have said you should probably just keep the peace and get someone else in to fix it.

this reminds me of when my MIL got her BIL (DH's uncle) to fit new double glazed french windows for her - the work wasn't done properly and she was left with doors that wouldn't lock and had to be tied shut with a rope for weeks on end before it was finally sorted. not good for an elderly lady living alone.

I think the best thing to do is draw a line here - don't do any more favours for them and ask nothing more from them. As frumpygrumpy said, just smile and be lovely

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: