Talk

Advanced search

I've just reported the foul mouthed, pavement blocking builders to the police..

(19 Posts)
tallmummy Wed 17-May-06 10:49:36

.. does this make me a busy body. I walk to the village every lunchtime with double pushchair containg baby to collect ds3 from preschool. Some builders have been doing up a house for over a month now. Park vans on pavement forcing me and several other mums to push buggies in rd on fairly dodgy bend. I've kept quiet but on Friday one of them was effing and blinding really loudly . I asked him not to swear in front of my kids then lost it about the vans on pavement. They're at it again this morning. Pavement blocked, no signs, no cones or alternative path rant, rant! Phoned police station and they are going to sort it. Got to go get ds3 in a bit - quite scared - will they know it was me?

jampots Wed 17-May-06 10:52:57

yes probably

tallmummy Wed 17-May-06 10:56:23

Oh no and they were mixing cement! If I'm not around later I may have been bricked up under the new driveway.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 17-May-06 10:58:59

How annoying.

Even if it wasnt you, they would probably think it was after your tete a tete, lol!

Dont worry about it - if they do or say anything just contact the police again and complain about their threatening behaviour.

jampots Wed 17-May-06 10:59:28

if you're as tall as you say then maybe they wouldhave to order extra materials - possibly avoid them tomorrow instead

fairyjay Wed 17-May-06 11:00:02

Just tell them that you don't need to resort to bad language to get some action!

foxinsocks Wed 17-May-06 11:01:10

if you are really pissed off, tell the council - they are quite hot on fining builders at the moment. Don't think they can block the pavement like that without diversion signs etc.

PanicPants Wed 17-May-06 11:01:15

Good for you!

Kathy1972 Wed 17-May-06 11:02:06

Good for you, tallmummy - I hate foul-mouthed, pavement-blocking builders

tallmummy Wed 17-May-06 11:02:21

LOL jampots!

tallmummy Wed 17-May-06 11:13:17

Right I'm off - if I'm not back on here this evening it's been nice knowing you all.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Wed 17-May-06 11:14:20

Wear a short skirt and low cut top - even if they are mad at you they will be too busy staring to say anything

merrymum Wed 17-May-06 12:00:37

i hate this too, on the way to town a few months back some builders had blocked the pavememt leaving any one with a pushchair/wheelchair no choice but to move onto the busy road, well not me, i asked him politely to move it and he told me to fuck off. yep in those words, so i again asked him to move it and also said that if he didn't i would squeeze the pushchair through anyway regardless of what damage it would do to his van. he said i wouldn't dare. well i never turn down a dare...

donnie Wed 17-May-06 12:06:11

good for you tallmummy - this has happened loads of times round my way and is extremely annoying, not to mention dangerous.

tallmummy Wed 17-May-06 12:24:09

Well I'm back, just picking off the last of the cement - they definately knew it was me who had shopped them! They had all parked their vans opposite the site and off the pavement, they all gave me a cheery "Hello - nearly finished - you'll soon have your pavement back - ho ho." One of them stood in the road and stopped cars so I could pass! Being a busybody is so cool!!

donnie Wed 17-May-06 12:42:52

great, they obviously got a bit of a rollocking from the old bill!

Bozza Wed 17-May-06 12:51:45

LOL - some builders near us poured a huge pile of tarmac onto the pavement. There is no pavement at the other side and I was walking with DD (just 2 and in white sandals).

sunnydelight Wed 17-May-06 12:58:14

Good for you!

fairyjay Wed 17-May-06 20:04:35

That's great tallmummy - I'm off to find some builders to harass!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: