Talk

Advanced search

I'm looking after a baby on thurs [grin]

(13 Posts)
Radley Tue 16-May-06 18:49:18

One of my friends has had a little boy (her 6th child) and is having a tough time at the minute with her son (11) and her other daughter (6) both being tested for ADHD, so poor thing is shattered, so, I am having her adorable 4week old son for the day on Thursday, I'm picking him up at 8.45 and taking him back at 3.15 and I can't wait.

Me broody - no way -

sparkler1 Tue 16-May-06 18:50:49

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww do you need a hand?

Radley Tue 16-May-06 18:52:20

Feel free, i'll supply the coffee, you bring the rich teas.

He is gorgeous, masses of blond hair and sooooooooooooo tiny.

Radley Tue 16-May-06 18:53:05

Thing is, i've never changed a little boy's nappy before, should be fun

sparkler1 Tue 16-May-06 19:02:34

I'd be no good either - have two girls myself lol!

Radley Tue 16-May-06 19:09:14

Got the day planned out, i'm going to pick him up when i drop my eldest off at school (her daughter and my daughter are in same class) and then drop my other daughter off at nursery and go into town with him

Mercy Tue 16-May-06 19:11:17

Place his penis down before you put the nappy on and keep it in place with the nappy whilst you do it up. Does that make sense? Little boys have a tendency to wee up high and wide when this young - and it goes everywhere! Even in their faces!

How cute, all the fun and none of the responsibility.

sparkler1 Tue 16-May-06 19:14:20

have a lovely time - I bet you'll get lots of comments from people who think that he's yours! I bet there'll be things like:

Ah isn't he lovely
Ah isn't SHE lovely - even thought he will exactly like a boy (I used to get these comments with my dds)
Ah - he looks just like you (and he's not even yours!!!)

sparkler1 Tue 16-May-06 19:15:02

even though he will look

Radley Tue 16-May-06 20:08:58

LOL, thanks for that Mercy, didn't fancy getting drenched in town. I can't beleive how much I am looking forward to looking after the little mite.

My neighbour has just shown me her jack russell puppy and he has the same name as the baby

sparkler1 Tue 16-May-06 20:24:08

lol!

tegan Tue 16-May-06 20:33:18

I look after my nephew one day a week and at 4.5 months he is adorable and dd2 (2yrs) absolutely loves having hima round.

Radley Thu 18-May-06 17:32:49

It's gone fabulous, he is sooooooooooo bright for a 4 week old and he is lifting his head up and looking round.

He was as good as gold, had him from 8.45 until 4.30, I'm having him next Wednesday too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: