Talk

Advanced search

How do I find out what times the England squad are training...............?

(27 Posts)
jmg1 Tue 16-May-06 18:41:31

Apparantly they are staying down the road and training nearby. I would like to take the kids to see them but how can we find out when they will be training?

ps 31' here today, forecast to be 34' for Friday!

compo Tue 16-May-06 18:42:54

Ooh are you allowed to go and watch? I would have thought it would be very distracting and as we all know they need all the trainign they can get.....

Esmummy Tue 16-May-06 18:44:22

jmg1 very very both at the temperature and seeing the England lads in their shorts in the flesh mmmmmmmmmmmm
No idea how you find out though, do you know the name of the training camp ? Could you call them ? How is your portuguese ?

plug Tue 16-May-06 18:45:44

Just checked the FA website - nothing on there. If you know where they're staying, I'd phone the hotel and ask what time they left this morning or got back.

jmg1 Tue 16-May-06 19:26:55

The public are allowed to watch.

Temperature is great, being a Dad, the lads in their shorts doesn't do it for me though!

I have heard they might be training at the Algarve stadium, this was built for Euro 2004.

I looked at the FA website couldn't find any info.

jmg1 Wed 17-May-06 11:00:16

Just spoke to a friend who was in a local bar last night and next to them was Lampard + Co.

Turns out the only training session open to the public finishes at 11:45 this morning but my kids are at School now. It is DD1's Birthday today too. Nevermind.

foxinsocks Wed 17-May-06 11:03:11

can you take her to the team hotel - they are normally quite good at signing autographs and the like

jmg1 Wed 17-May-06 11:04:51

I think they are here till 25 May and it is a small World here so I will see if we can bump into them. Would be nice for the kids.

jampots Wed 17-May-06 11:05:42

who is in the England squad?

foxinsocks Wed 17-May-06 11:08:09

we saw Lampard and Terry at the chelsea parade and I thought ds was going to wet himself. The kids find it weird seeing them up close as if it makes them more real (iykwim).

TambaTheDragonSlayer Wed 17-May-06 11:12:55

I didnt know you were a man

Maybe you could take piccies of them and bribe us

WishICouldGiveUpWork Wed 17-May-06 14:44:47

They aren't staying in a hotel,they are in a selction if villas at Vale Do Lobo-bound to visit the Melting Pot at Quinta Shopping one evening....

jmg1 Wed 17-May-06 18:52:18

dragon slayer, I'll see what I can do

IwishIcouldgiveupwork, do you live here?

Esmummy Wed 17-May-06 18:57:07

Yep they are golfing it at VDL, lucky sods.

I did know you are a Dad jmg1 but even you've got to admit a glance at Stevie or Terry's legs would be a nice way to start the day

jmg1 Wed 17-May-06 19:19:28

esmummy, as I walked my kids into the school this morning my Danish (beauty) friend came from behind and said I was just admiring your bottom!

Sods law she is married.
But that gave me a nice start to the day.

WishICouldGiveUpWork Wed 17-May-06 19:57:57

No Jmg1 but do spend a fair bit of time out there.
As you know,many footballers have places in Quinta and can often be spotted around the place-esp Paul Ince and Stephen Gerrard.

Melting Pot will definitely be on the list as it is one of Ince's faves.

Can't believe the temp though-will be out in a few weeks-hope it holds.

Esmummy Wed 17-May-06 19:59:51

Bet it gave you a spring in your step jmg

jmg1 Thu 18-May-06 13:28:29

WishICouldGiveUpWork, There is another bar near the melting pot now, had a free bar for 4 hours on the opening night, we had proper hangovers next day.
I find this the most accurate site for weather forecasts.
Are you bringing your kids?

esmummy, this woman is a very good flirt and lovely with it.

jmg1 Thu 18-May-06 13:32:51

My aupair just called four of the players are at the Restaurant by the beach where she happens to be now. She is going to try and get some signatures for the kids!

jmg1 Thu 18-May-06 13:36:37

meant to say she has called me, not called the four players. She doesn't have their numbers, yet!

jmg1 Thu 18-May-06 13:41:05

She got Frank Lampards signature + two others (she does not who, she is Turkish)

My lad will be pleased we are Chelsea fans!
She also took a picture of Lampard, or should I say Frank!

WishICouldGiveUpWork Thu 18-May-06 23:01:45

What a result!

HAd heard about the new bar-it's where the chicken place used to be isn't it?

Will be bringing DD aged 13mts with me

jmg1 Fri 19-May-06 11:46:24

wicguw, my au pair was out again last night and the whole squad were in the same restaurant. I think my au pairs friends who are on holiday must have inside info to bump into the England squad at two different restaurants in the same day!

When you are over we could have a mini meet up if you like let me know.

mousiemousie Fri 19-May-06 11:49:53

I'll just pop and ask David for you
Love
VB
aka mousiemousie

jmg1 Fri 19-May-06 11:54:41

mousie, my au pair is now cooing over Beckham and Lampard!

Gets her off my case

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: