Talk

Advanced search

BUBBLEROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

(26 Posts)
Somanykiddies Tue 16-May-06 14:27:40

Was wondering if you are still 'in business' sorting out our holidays. You did a fab job earlier in the year, but I need help for the summer. Could you work your magic on two adults and five children going to the Isle of Wight in August, please, please pretty please.

supakids Tue 16-May-06 14:28:38

AND two adults and 1 child to Lapland before Christmas too!

Somanykiddies Tue 16-May-06 14:39:00

Supakids, think we are going to have to bump this one a bit.

supakids Tue 16-May-06 14:47:18

aye, think so too.

Somanykiddies Tue 16-May-06 14:49:21

Not sure if she works, might try bumping tonight. Anyone 'seen' her around lately?

Somanykiddies Tue 16-May-06 21:02:38

Shamelessly bumping in the hope that she is on line!

Yorkiegirl Tue 16-May-06 21:05:17

Message withdrawn

bubblerock Wed 17-May-06 08:27:10

PMSL - what are you lot like??? I'll have a look when I've dropped big brat at school, you're right, I do enjoy it - my holiday thread was in chat though so it disappeared which was a shame as there were loads on it.

bubblerock Wed 17-May-06 11:46:26

Ok, SMK - are you just looking for accomodation, and how long for? Is there any particular date in August and any resort on the IOW that you fancy? Any budget?

Supakids - how old is your child? Where would you like to fly from? How long would you like to go for? Any particular date? Any budget?

supakids Wed 17-May-06 13:34:25

Bubble, cheap as you can, would like to stay in a log cabin if possible. 2 nights and arrive back just before xmas eve 22nd 23rd Dec. Ds will be 5y Can fly from Luton, Stansted or Heathrow. Thanks

bubblerock Wed 17-May-06 20:47:57

I have been looking at Lapland but I am at the prices for 2/3 night breaks!! Haven't found anything spectacular yet, but if you are happy to travel independently then you can get flights from stansted to Lapland with Ryanair - but they haven't been released yet also on various forums I've looked at they seem to suggest booking the trips when you get their as it is cheaper.

First Choice etc... seem to be charging around £2200 for the 3 of you in a hotel!!

If you went for a week you could get a ski trip with Inghams for around £1100 in a cabin and then arrange trips when you get there - but that's 7 nights!

I think scheduled flights to Lapland are due to be released at the end of this month if you wanted to check them out. I'll keep my eyes open in the meantime

tinkerbellchelle Wed 17-May-06 20:51:45

bubblerock... this is really rude I've not spoken with you before but it seems your able to get good holiday prices... Im looking for 3 adults and one infant ( 10 months ) to a quiet part of baleric islands in august? Any idea of price?

Sorry to butt into this thread

bubblerock Wed 17-May-06 20:56:20

God Tinker - how rood!!! - don't be daft, where would you want to fly from, and how long for? Would you prefer a hotel or villa? I actually enjoy looking at holidays - especially as I won't be going this year (unless I win the Lottery - fat chance of that though!)

tinkerbellchelle Wed 17-May-06 21:02:17

any london airport would be best and just for a week? I think a villa would be better suited?

Thanks....

supakids Wed 17-May-06 21:27:51

Thanks Bubble

bubblerock Wed 17-May-06 21:52:25

Not much help really SK I'm afraid! I don't know much about Lapland TBH - maybe some mnetters that have been could give you advice for the best places to go etc..

Tinker - here's one for the moment (I have to disappear for a bit)

Menorca total cost = £1186.94

£500 for a 3 bed apartment very close to beach 5th - 12th August. (you could actually have both of those apartments for £950!)

+

Flights from Gatwick with Thomson £686.94 (3 ads/1 inf inc taxes)

Then just add a taxi transfer or hire car if you want to see the island.

I'll find some others in the AM

tinkerbellchelle Thu 18-May-06 08:34:21

thanks bubblerock

Somanykiddies Thu 18-May-06 10:06:16

Hi bubblerock, glad you are back in business. I'm looking for self catering accommodation anywhere on the Island but not too expensive as there are seven of us and we have to pay for the ferry, any time in August. Any help gratefully received.

bubblerock Thu 18-May-06 13:13:16

Tinker -

Flights to Majorca from Gatwick with Thomson (cheapest day flights I can find) are approx £500-£600 in August and here are some ideas for accomodation:

this is in Majorca and has a pool £490 for a week in August (2 bedrooms)

Or this one at £595

This Villa is £900

I've looked at package holidays but they are still more expensive and cram you into 1 bedroom!

bubblerock Thu 18-May-06 14:03:14

SMK - have a look at these the prices include ferry crossings for 6 but you can pay for the extra person, they all sleep at least 7 - I will look for more later but let me know if you prefer the rural farm types or beach/kids ones - loads are already booked up for the whole of August!!

Ledodgyherring Thu 18-May-06 14:05:22

Bubblerock look here didn't want you to miss it.

Somanykiddies Thu 18-May-06 17:15:53

Thanks Bubblerock, we would prefer beachy type holiday. Everything I've looked at is booked up as well!

bubblerock Thu 18-May-06 18:21:34

Caravan? I don't think it would be much fun though with 5 children - they're not exactly spacious are they?

bubblerock Thu 18-May-06 18:56:02

This 4 bedroom house in Shanklin looks really nice - great location right on the beach. There are others with limited availability on that site too but icecream cottage looked really nice!

Somanykiddies Thu 18-May-06 20:27:32

Thanks Bubblerock. Cottage looks great, will look into it. You are a star.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: