Talk

Advanced search

Fimbles live show - age

(12 Posts)
biglips Mon 15-May-06 18:23:04

would it be suitable for my DD to watch them? she will be 21 months old then

as she is obbessed with them now on tv

Bellie Mon 15-May-06 18:25:24

Hi Biglips I have booked dd to go - she will be 23 months then. However, I am prepared that I may well have paid a lot of money to then have to take her outside as she may not like it/scream/be frightened!
I am sure she will be fine but be prepared is going to be my motto!!

biglips Mon 15-May-06 19:32:50

i will discuss it with Dp to see what he thinks as im surely it shouldnt be a problem - fingers cross!

Tommy Mon 15-May-06 19:38:48

don't forget that the Fimbles will be about 8 foot high which sometimes scares children! I took DS1 to see Scooby Doo and he was terrified!

hulababy Mon 15-May-06 19:47:37

DD was less than 2 when she went to see her first show. She loved it. If you are a little concerned about the size of the Fimbles or the noise, try and get seating a little further back from the stage, perhaps in the tiered section (easier for LOs to see from there too).

wangle99 Mon 15-May-06 20:51:57

We took DS in the Easter Hols he was 30 months and it was awful, he wouldn't sit still, didn't want to watch it and DH took him out half way through.

However my friend's DD who was about 21 months enjoyed it!

DS wasn't frightened though of the Fimbles, I think he didn't like all the people in the theatre and it was quite hot in there.

lazeemum Mon 15-May-06 21:14:57

Hello,
we saw them over Easter - really long show, 1.5 - 2hrs and Sarah Jane is 10 times more annoying in rl than on the telly. And it cost me £30!

biglips Tue 16-May-06 11:45:35

@ lazeemum - but im not bothered as its for my DD

probably best for me to be at the back of the theatre

BUT she is not a sit-still child as she be happy saying "Hiya" to the people next to her!! as she is very chatty ! - must have a re-think on that one!

hulababy Tue 16-May-06 18:19:50

My experience of these things are the children are often stood up in front of their chairs, and moving betwen own seat and someone's knee. So long as you check you aren't blocking the view of those behind you or disturbing them loads, esp little ones who might find it harder to see anyway then it'll be fine on that front.

Esmummy Tue 16-May-06 18:33:03

I think its perfect age really, I have been looking over the last few weeks to take DD for her 2nd birthday in July.
Have been looking for a Balamory one but can only find one for 2005, she absolutely loves Archie at the minute.

2ManyPimms Tue 16-May-06 19:50:28

I took DD (age 3) to this recently. It seemed to be a shade too long. DD, although a Fimble fan, lost interest about 3/4 of the way through and decided that removing my shoes was far more fun.

Just after the break everything went haywire. Kids were running back and forth in the aisles (and why not?) fussing, crying and hitting each other over their heads with these light-up pink feathery things that were sold.

Personally, I thought it was too expensive for the little enjoyment she got out of it. There was the "wow" factor but then she lost interest and, well, I lost my shoes. She hasn't spoken about it since the day we went.

biglips Tue 16-May-06 21:20:10

2ManyPimms - lol!!!! oh dear about your shoe!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: