Talk

Advanced search

bath in the bedroom

(69 Posts)
noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 17:49:51

Would you like this?I have always wanted one and am thinking of doing it What do you all think a few people have said they don't like the sound of it.

Nbg Fri 12-May-06 17:52:16

Do you mean an en-suite or the actual bath being in the bedroom?

tissy Fri 12-May-06 17:52:26

not for me, unless definitely screened off somehow...

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 17:55:36

Not an ensuite just a freestanding bath

MrsSpoon Fri 12-May-06 17:56:15

I think if you had a massive bedroom and perhaps a raised or lowered area for the bath, would have to be just a bath (really nice stand alone bath), no lav or sink , it could work really well.

On another note when we moved into this house the previous owners had installed a shower cubicle in the bedroom and we thought this was very naf and tore it out.

Nbg Fri 12-May-06 17:57:34

I don't know...

I think it would depend on how big the room was.

The house we have just bought has a sink in one of the bedrooms and I'm not that keen on it.
It just doesn't seem right IYSWIM.

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:01:01

Just a bath no other fittings.I have always loved the thought of it Will have regular bathroom with shower cubicle so it is for indulgence rally not need

mousiemousie Fri 12-May-06 18:01:46

then you won't need the bed

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:06:26

Well I will need a bed to sleep in!

mousiemousie Fri 12-May-06 18:10:03

what's the bath for then?

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:11:05

To bathe in!What did you think I was going to sleep in it?Not that small or bendy I'm afraid.

edam Fri 12-May-06 18:11:43

I've seen it in room shots in interior design mags. Looks nice, if you like that kind of thing, but not sure how practical it is - wouldn't all the steam from running a hot bath be bad for your wallpaper/furnishings?

winnie Fri 12-May-06 18:15:03

I think it sounds wonderfully indulgent if you have the space.

plummymummy Fri 12-May-06 18:21:40

Yeah, like the idea of it. A bath with thickish ledges at the side so you can rest your wine glass on it and have candles etc. Would you be putting it near a window? Might need to make it frosted if so!

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:26:25

It will def have a wine ledge!I think I will go for it as dp and ds don't like baths so it will be used only by me and without interruptions so I can really chill in it

zippitippitoes Fri 12-May-06 18:27:08

I think it might be a bit past its sell by date now...

great for fashion shots and holidays but not everday life

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:28:11

Not doing it for fashion but for pure comfort

pennytiff Fri 12-May-06 18:30:40

It is really a matter of how much space you have.
I suggest you go for a 'sculpural' looking freestanding bath and have it on a raised area, perhaps with two wide steps leading up to it. If you have more than one window in your bedroom then try and situate it infront of it. Remember that on the raised area you can change the flooring, whatever you do , do not have it carpeted around the bath. It will end up smelling of wet dog!
All depending on your preference of style (contemporary or tradional) I don't mind suggesting a few websites of great baths. But you may already have a bath in mind.
Don't worry so much a steam because if you have adequate ventilation and high ceilings an your bedroom plus adequate heating in winter, you shall not have a problem. Just don't wall paper behind your bath!!!!

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:34:38

There is no problem with space or ventilation the bath will be situated in front of a full length window but it is not going to be overlooked at all(I hope)I would love the web addresses for baths I have been looking at the phillippe starke one and will tile a section of the room and carpet the reat or have exposed boards not sure which.

ComeOVeneer Fri 12-May-06 18:42:37

here . Could save quite a bit of money.

Twiglett Fri 12-May-06 18:44:06

you're barking mad noddy

ComeOVeneer Fri 12-May-06 18:50:01

some lovely ones here .

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:50:27

really twiglett?I am beginning to think I am now!

noddyholder Fri 12-May-06 18:52:29

thanks comeonover They are lovely

pennytiff Fri 12-May-06 18:52:50

It sound's as if you have the ideal set up I would say go for it. They always look great in period conversions or loft conversions. Just be aware of access for drainage and soil pipe and it it is on a raised are yor platform will have to be well supported due to the weight of the bath +person+ water.

All depending on where you live, these websites may or may not be relevant:
link{http://www.cphart.co.uk/

Let me know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: