Talk

Advanced search

Outlook Express ....Can anyone help..please...

(6 Posts)
mothernature Mon 12-Jan-04 11:01:33

Is there anyone who can help me with a problem with my outlook express, a couple of weeks ago our outlook express went loco..we reset the settings to enable us to email again, but could'nt get the old email adress back, I think we have deleted it by mistake, I know my emails are going out, but we are not receiving any, any advice would be appreciated..getting very desperate,

fio2 Mon 12-Jan-04 11:19:39

MN who are you with? We are with NTL and if anything like this happens I just ring them up and they talk me through resetting it back to how it was. I am crap with tech things

mothernature Mon 12-Jan-04 11:22:28

fio2, we are with freeserve, we tried sorting something out before with them and they passed us around all over the place, they charge at premium rate too....

fio2 Mon 12-Jan-04 11:24:13

Oh dear MN I hope someone else can help you

SoupDragon Mon 12-Jan-04 14:38:52

Have you gone through Tools, then Accounts, click on Mail and then Properties. Click on "Servers" and check the information there.

crystaltips Mon 12-Jan-04 15:45:22

In Outlook Express ....
Click on TOOLS
CLick on ACCOUNTS
CLick the ADD account Button and select the MAIL option
Enter Your name and then click NEXT button
Enter you e-mail address and click the NEXT button
You then have to enter the correct Incoming server name and the correct outgoing server name ... can't help you here as I don't know your ISP... then click the NEXT button
You then have to enter your account name and password ( again given to you by the ISP )
Not too sure if this is any help ....
Your ISP ( help desk ) should answer any questions if you don't know the details
HTH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: