Advanced search

husband hit me xmas day.

(10 Posts)
gtedder1 Wed 26-Dec-12 13:06:42

why oh why did i make the mistake of spending christmas with the husband i had already left two months ago due to domestic abuse. see we have a son together who is nearly one. its his 1st xmas! so wen i first left husband, he suggested spending xmas together so we cud all be together for our sons first xmas. i shud hav known better not to and that it would be a bad idea. Anyway, our sons first christmas got ruined yesterday when husband first sulked and then lost his temper which led to him pushing me, shoving me, slapping me and strangling me. he was trying to throw me out of the house. i was refusing to leave as he would not let me take our son with me..then he started threatening to run off with our son. i hid in the bedroom and waited for him to calm down. Anyway...serves me right for making the bad decision to spend xmas with him in the first place.i mistakenly thought we could get on with eachother as friends for one day, since things had been so amicable between us since our split.

Anyway moral of the story....don't spend xmas with a psycho no matter how friendly things seem.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 26-Dec-12 13:08:00

Will you be pressing charges?

PeachTown Wed 26-Dec-12 13:12:41

Phone the police. You have a violent ex who has threatened to kidnap your baby. You need to take action to protect the two of you.

Hope you are safe now.

RooneyMara Wed 26-Dec-12 13:14:09

What has happened now, did you call the police and report this?

Are you and ds safe now?

ZebraInHiding Wed 26-Dec-12 13:14:16

Doesn't sound like a good situation at all. Was ds in with you while you we're hiding? I do agree police would be best.

ZebraInHiding Wed 26-Dec-12 13:14:39


gtedder1 Wed 26-Dec-12 13:34:14

i am safe. ds is safe. i have not told the police about this incident. i just dont feel the need to. i am not frightened of him in the slightest and i know he would not hurt a hair on our sons head. i just think that he and i cant be in the same room together without wanting to kill each other. it was my stupid mistake to spend what should have been...a very special day for ds with him. never again! i see him as a mental patient who needs professional help. police are not going to help him. i think i will tell the police about him attacking me but not go any further.

YourHandInMyHand Wed 26-Dec-12 13:45:13

You need to report this to the police. He hurt you in front of your son. He threatened to keep your young son from his mother.

You need to report things like this. If he becomes even worse you need a trail of evidence that he is violent and is not a stable parent. If you don't you may find yourself in a situation where he is having your son alone for significant periods of time despite being volatile and unstable.

YourHandInMyHand Wed 26-Dec-12 13:45:55

Yes just get it recorded.

gtedder1 Wed 26-Dec-12 13:49:25

ok. will definately get it done. telling the police about it. thank you....everyone.Thank you so much. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now