Talk

Advanced search

Considering moving house to South Wales, possibly near Swansea, Mumbles, Gower etc

(2 Posts)
MovingSouthwales Mon 24-Sep-12 13:15:17

We are considering a house move and South Wales appeals to us :-) My other half likes the Mumbles and Gower area and we have recently come across a number of properties in Pontadawe.

We would really appreciate comments from families who live there to get a better idea of the area, what is offered for the children (who would be Year 7 & 8 of secondary school) as far as activities after school - sports etc, good schools and any general information that you think would be of help to us before we visit.

Many thanks in advance.

BestIsWest Thu 18-Oct-12 22:28:15

Hello,

I live near Swansea and have friends who live in Pontardawe. They love it there, and are very involved with the local community. Their children are a bit older than yours but went to the Welsh Medium Comprehensive school in Ystalyfera. I think they were fairly happy with the school. Not sure what the other schools there are like. There's a good community centre/theatre there and a leisure centre with a 25m pool and a smaller pool for little ones.

The best State secondary school in the Swansea area is generally considered to be Olchfa for which the catchment area is Sketty and Killay. Bishopston is also good I think though I don't think it has a 6th form.

In general it's a great area to live in. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now