Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done an intensive driving course? Esp while 6 months pg??

(8 Posts)
MichaelFinnegansWhiskers Fri 21-Sep-12 13:14:00

Help!! Lots of questions...

How did you choose one? It's so much money to pay upfront, I really want to get it right, but ... how?

And... Did an intensive course work for you? Did you have much experience beforehand? What happens if you don't get on with your instructor, are you stuck?

And ... Is all that sitting down in a car a bad idea anyway at 6 mo pg??

Thank you!

Missmuffet28 Fri 21-Sep-12 13:18:33

I didn't do an intensive course so can't help you there but I did do my test and the last block of my lessons at 7 mths pg I just told the examiner when I got in the car I can do emergency stops but I'd rather not as I'm 7 mths pg he didn't look overly impressed but he passed me (just) and didn't ask me to emergency stop lol I would say if its something you really want to do, do it now whilst you have the time an the independence it give you is in my opinion great!!!

Cluffyfunt Fri 21-Sep-12 13:19:44

It depends how you are feeling tbh.

I had to stop my driving lessons (normal lessons. Not intensive) as my brain turned to mush and I had no attention span.

I would have been like letting a toddler drive.
But worse.

My friend passed her driving test at 38wks pg though so not everyone's as pants as I am! grin

MichaelFinnegansWhiskers Fri 21-Sep-12 13:27:05

Thanks - really would like to do it before dc2 arrives, and given logistics (lots of travelling at the moment, and then being out of the country for most of the last trimester) it'd basically have to be an intensive course at around 6 months.

It's hard, as I've no idea how I'll be at that point. Think I'd have been ok last time, but that's not necessarily a guide.

And worried about the whole intensive thing - can't find a good review site for driving schools and don't want to end up somewhere rubbish... Hmmmm..,

Monty27 Fri 21-Sep-12 13:35:47

Yes, I did, four days if I remember. It was no problem physically. I just used a local reputable company. I was shocked when I passed though and burst into tears grin.

Missmuffet28 Fri 21-Sep-12 13:41:08

Hehe Monty I cried too but being 7 mths pg I cried at most random stuff like kittens on the tv and all sorts!!!

I see where your coming from about wanting the right company op, I guess it's a lot of money to throw at something if it turns out to be not very good I would get on google or something and see if there's a well known brand of driving school near you that would be able to help or something

MichaelFinnegansWhiskers Fri 21-Sep-12 13:57:26

I'm crying a lot now, and I'm only 9 weeks at the moment! Thanks - good to hear it has been done. Shows it can be done! Will carry on googling and see what I can find...

Bumpstart Sun 30-Sep-12 22:11:44

I failed my test 3times between 5 and 8 moths pregnant. My brain had turned to mush. I passed easily when my dd was 7 weeks old. Dom't count on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now