Talk

Advanced search

For IT people - getting my microphone to work

(7 Posts)
HappyHollyHulababy Sun 21-Dec-03 11:15:36

Hi. Hope someone can help.

I have just got a webcam for using on MSN and that works fine. But it didn't come with its own microphone. Have got a multimedia microphone from my dad. Tried plugging it in but it doesn't work. What else do I need to do.

BTW, I do have the sound up!

Thanks you if you can help!

popsycal Sun 21-Dec-03 11:17:19

er, hulababy, aren't you an IT person??????

HappyHollyHulababy Sun 21-Dec-03 11:18:04

Hoping no one would realsie that Popsycal!!!!

I have staff for that at school - that's my excuse!

popsycal Sun 21-Dec-03 11:18:38

yes - i agreee.....
i will keep quiet....

HappyHollyHulababy Sun 21-Dec-03 12:57:27

Anyone?

Snugs Sun 21-Dec-03 14:49:30

You have to manually set the volume control. There are a couple of things you can try.

I use Windows XP so you might have to muddle throught these directions if you are on anything else:
Go to -
Control Panel; Sounds Speech Audio Devices; Sounds and Audio; click on the voice tag and ensure the recording volume is high enough.

Or try:

Programs; Accessories; Entertainment; Sound Recorder. Do a test record and ensure it is picking up your voice. Adjust volume pickup as required.

If neither of these work, post again and I will try to remember what else I did when I set mine up!

HTH

HappyHollyHulababy Mon 22-Dec-03 08:58:36

Thanks Snug. I tried that and it wouldn't work. BIL has e-mailed since though and we have cracked it. It was all to do with selecting the microphone on the volume icon (bottom bar). I knew it'd be something simple but just couldn't get there.

Thanks anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: