Talk

Advanced search

Calling all NURSES - Would like to pick your brains, please!

(6 Posts)
notnowbernard Tue 04-Oct-11 13:09:47

Hi smile

I'm an RMN - being working as one for 15yrs now

Lately have been pondering on my 'career' (don't really perceive it as that, tbh. Not massively ambitious and have never wanted to move into management<shudder>)

Am not fed up or burning out or anything, but am starting to feel that I'd like to try something different... the idea of general nursing is starting to appeal to me a bit

Do they still offer conversion courses? And would I be mad to go down this route? The last time I was on a general ward was when I was training... I'd feel like a TOTAL novice again

Just interested in what people think, really smile

Thanks for reading!

notnowbernard Tue 04-Oct-11 20:13:01

bump for evening people smile

therugratref Tue 04-Oct-11 20:23:49

I dont know is the honest answer. I know people who have had adult branch RN and then converted to psych in 18 months but I dont know anyone who has gone the other way.
I would contact your local uni and ask them directly.

notnowbernard Tue 04-Oct-11 20:42:58

Hi

I don't know anyone who's done mental health -> adult either. Or even converting after such a long time

I just don't know if it's a silly fancy idea or not... as I said, it's been a LONG time since I've been on a general ward. I'd be like a fish out of water

marbeth Tue 04-Oct-11 20:46:04

You could do health visitor course. Big government drive to train more health visitors.

notnowbernard Tue 04-Oct-11 20:53:48

Blimey, not sure about HV... doesn't really appeal

(But must confess to not knowing much about it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now