Talk

Advanced search

I am trying to find someone I was at school with and still worry about.

(13 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Sat 01-Oct-11 13:45:19

Have tried facebook and friends reunited. I have an awful feeling she might have died sad. There is also a good chance she has changed her name. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could try next?

lubeybooby Sat 01-Oct-11 13:47:33

Genes reunited you can search death records, also births and marriages. Why do you worry? Is it rumour or just a feeling?

TheOriginalFAB Sat 01-Oct-11 13:50:06

She was very unhappy at home and I worry she may have become so unhappy she committed suicide. I moved away suddenly and wasn't able to keep in touch with her.

I will look on genes reunited, thank you.

lubeybooby Sat 01-Oct-11 13:52:24

Hope you find her safe and well x

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 13:57:41

If there is a page for the school you went to on FB you could maybe post on it and see if anyone else has any information.

Or, if she has an unusual name, you could try searching the registrar records, especially if you know the area. This will show if she has married or changed names (or, indeed, died sad) Might return a lot of results if she has a common name though.

You could also try posting on here (whispers and other such forums) - she may have had children and have joined one. Similarly, if she had particular interests you could post on sites relating to them.

Why do you think she may have died? Is it just a feeling or more than that? Good luck.

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 13:58:35

Ah sorry, crossed posts, just read your concerns about suicide. Really hope you find her safe and well.

TheOriginalFAB Sat 01-Oct-11 14:07:36

I can't find her on genes reunited. Will look again on FR.

I did try posting on here but people thought I was a violent ex partner who was looking for her confused.

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 14:56:59

Have you tried just googling her full name? Or doing a search on your local newspaper's website to see if there are any stories or notices/announcements relating to her? Might be worth a go.

TheOriginalFAB Sat 01-Oct-11 18:07:31

Googling brings up some on facebook that don't appear to be her and some in America that may be her. I will have a look on the local newspaper website. I did find 2 addresses and one emialed me back to say it wasn't the one I knew and the other didn't reply. It has crossed my mind she might not want to be found by me sad.

SingleMan25b Tue 11-Oct-11 00:32:44

Try the electoral register - there are a few services online. You might also need to look at marriage records as well. Good luck.

SingleMan25b Tue 11-Oct-11 00:39:26

There's also the BT phone directory online:
www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

Tianc Tue 11-Oct-11 01:11:57

Contact other people from school on Friends Reunited and just ask after her? It's a bit stalky, otherwise, and if she's had a bad time she might find it all rather scary. Or not want to revisit her past or be reminded of it.

You're asking because you care about how she is now, so I'm sure scaring her's the last thing you'd want to do.

Whereas asking other people for news may get you the reassurance you want without rocking her boat. I hope you hear she's safe and well.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 11-Oct-11 07:33:01

I definitely don't want to cause her any stress. I really worried about her as I moved with no notice and she didn't really have anyone else to talk about her home situation with. As she is now in her late 30's I hope all is okay but I would love to know. I definitely will not be doing anything stalky. I have messaged a couple of friends via FR and asked if they are in touch with anyone from school but as yet, no reply. Maybe I will just have to accept I will never know. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now