Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 60th Birthday Present (my mum)

(7 Posts)
PieMistress Sun 18-Sep-11 14:17:47

Hi,

Couldn't find anywhere else for my post to go so trying here! smile

It is my mum's 60th birthday soon, i've already chipped in for 1/2 of a new camera for her from my brother & I but would like to get her a little nice 'something' only i'm not sure what. She is so fussy!!!!! Jewellery is out as she is very particular about what she wears so just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as i'm all thought out (why is she so fussy! darn it!)

Just a little nice something to mark the special occasion really!

Thanks smile

supergreenuk Sun 18-Sep-11 14:22:52

Oh well the 'little' has ruined my suggestion. I swear by tea at the ritz for special pressents.

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 14:26:15

I know you said not jewellery, but my mum was thrilled when I bought her a tiny pendant with a pearl (birthstone) and diamond (60 years) on it. It was £40.00 and very simple. She really appreciated the sentiment behind it.

PieMistress Sun 18-Sep-11 14:34:55

Thanks super sadly the ritz is 550 miles from me! But we are going out for dinner tonight smile

honey do you have a link?

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 15:44:03

I got it from Tesco blush in the end as they had exactly what I was looking for. Surprisingly Amazon and Tesco have some nice little pieces.

it was similar to this

if your mum is September it's sapphire

or pink

november is topaz

amazon have loads to choose from October is Opal

smile

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 15:45:27

With Amazon I tend to only buy jewellery stocked and supplied by them as then if I hate it when it turns up I can return it (or can be exchanged if the recipient doesn't like it as they do a gift receipt if requested wink

PieMistress Sun 18-Sep-11 22:14:21

Those little drop earrings are lovely! I did wonder about getting her a necklace with an 'M' on it (for her name) but wondering if that might be a bit 'young', oh dilemmas dilemmas! Might see if notonthehighstreet have anything ARGHGHGH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now