Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Essentials

(4 Posts)
deardear Thu 15-Sep-11 12:10:03

OK so I am expecting DC number 3. Should know most of it by now BUT big age gap between 2 and 3 (12 years!)

What would you see as your nursery essentials? I need some help on this as i really need to start and think about sorted and buying little bits

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 12:27:50

I had 6 years between dd2 and dd3 - it's amazing how much 'stuff' changes grin

Congratulations btw!

Essentials:

Somewhere for baby to sleep - you don't need a cot yet but could get pram with carry cot or a Moses basket and stand or a bedside cot if you want to co-sleep.

Car seat - must have. Check it fits in your car!

Sling/carrier - loads of threads on here about best type

Pillow for breastfeeding

Night-time nursing bra - if you are very 'leaky' this is fab.

Really Useful plastic box to keep nappies and wipes in

changing mat

Sleeping bags - these are very big now and are really handy as they can't kick them off and they look very cute as well smile
You can get them all over the place but it's worth looking in TKMAXX regularly as they have 'grobags' - a good make - in there quite often for good prices.

A changing bag/new handbag big enough (smile)

Snowsuit if winter baby

Pretty lovely blankets for wrapping/swaddling/sleeping/baby rolling on

Muslins x 10!

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 12:28:51

Oh and have a nappy box upsatirs and downstairs so you always have it to hand. Carrying a newborn upstairs to change them three days afteryour bottom was stitched back together is no fun at all!

deardear Fri 16-Sep-11 09:42:27

brill thanks NL. i hadnt thought about TKMaxx - another excuse to go for a browse. Had never thought either about two nappy boxes although i think last time i used my changing bag as one downstairs.

i love the mamas and papas gingerbread blanket so might splash out on that one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now